2003 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
2003 plus and minus
By BrianH on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Lincoln improved on a lot of little things on the 2003's, but the steering is a bit of a let down. The steering is more stiff due to the rack and pinion steering, plus riding on the interstate you feel a lot of wind resistance underneeth your feet. Car is more responsive and feels a little more sporty. All of the standard quality is still there, but the steering and different ride may turn off a lot of traditional Town Car owners. I also own an Aviator, no complaints at all about that one except the gas mileage. It's awesome! Town Car beats it only on ride comfort, but not by much.

Best Car On The Road
By Bob Sepana on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three Town Cars in my life and I am only 25 years old. Come to think of it I believe I am one of the few young people out there who like these Town Cars. My Town Cars are an 89, 90, and 94 ALL of them with 400,000+ miles. I work in Canada and live in FL. Except for annual and regular maintenance...there are no problems with the car. The ride is the best out there. I have driven Mercedes, BMW and Lexus. Those brands are nothing compared to a Town Car. Do you know if any import (sedan based) that can haul 6 people with full luggage in 100 degree weather with the AC on high from FL to Canada. I do it 4 times a summer.

Love the Blvd. Cruiser!
By Aurora on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Premium Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in the 95 Town Car with 54k on the odometer and I can say I love the 2003 model. Living in Florida There are no hills or ice - and no need to be in a hurry. This Model is as good if not better then many other lincolns I have owned- Including my 98 LSC.

Very nice but it could be better
By DUKER 2 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a pretty good car. You will enjoy the roominess and the ride. For my liking I find the seats could be more comfortable. The inflatable back support inflates a little too high in the lower back area. It misses the spot. I personally find my right knee hits the dashboard where the radio controls are. I think this car has terrific potential. Hopefully as the years pass Lincoln Mercury will make it a real winner.

Improvement over previous years
By Trader on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car rides stiffer, have more feel for the road. Car stays on track better, and pretty much level/flat response to road bumps. Interior nicer looking, front end also classier.

YEAH ! BEST IN 30 YEARS
By BBMCACEO on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

HANDLES POWER RIDE LOOKS 400,000MI ON MY 88, STILL STRONG THIS ONE FEELS IT WILL GO IT TOO, HANDLES STABLE ON ROAD GREAT AT HIGH SPEED, MANEUVERS AND HAS TIGHT TURNING CIRCLE BEST FOR THE MONEY, WOULD RAISE THE TOP OF THE REAR OF THE ROOF

Lincoln's lost their build quality
By Virginia on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

With 21 years and 400K miles driving Lincolns, I loved them and bought the '03. More annoying issues with this car than I've had in 20 years. Vibration at idle is built-in and can't be corrected. Compared to older Lincolns,the car has poor acceleration from low RPMs with poorer gas mileage and a smaller gas tank.Contrary to the manual-duplicated pages-doesn't have DSP.Left out an AM filter so the AM reception was a return to the '50s. With a fix,dash now rattles. Gas tank cover wouldn't open. Lincoln won't communicate. Comparing features, Lincoln designers have done next to nothing in 10 years. I take that back-- they took the quality out.

Finally, Americans Make Something
By CharlieManCharlie on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

American cars have been know to lack in quality and durabilty. For the last years luxury cars made by American automobile makers have lacked everything that is much needed. Yet, this Lincoln Town Car Signature Series is the best competition fro cars like Mercedes Benz, Lexus, and BMW. I Saw This Car, And Loved It You Will Too.

Never own another GM car again...
By Frank221 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In the dictionary, when you look up luxury, there is a picture of a Towncar.

It ain't no Continental
By The Captain on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Still underpowered but better than before. Does not have the interior conveniences of the Continental. No individual arm rests that move with the seats. Power point located on bottom of dash. rather than hidden. No handy sun glasses or tissue compartment. It's only a week old, has the room but not fun to drive as the Continental. 2003 design is better