Used 1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (15 reviews )

Reliability Defined
By BigLexusFan

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner of my SC300, and in almost 13 years of ownership, I have had to replace only the starter (rebuilt for about $300) and some gasket seals. The rest of my ownership has been only the standard maintenance at the various intervals (the Big ones are at 60K and 90K). This is the first Lexus I bought, and I will remain a Lexus fan forever after this experience. Not only does the car still look sharp, but you can get the Lexus ownership experience for around $5-6K now used. I doubt you could find a better vehicle out there for that price.

Reliability; an incredible turning radius that makes parking anywhere a breeze; excellent 12-disk CD changer and sound system.

A better AM radio/antenna; bigger cup- holder, that's all

High Quality Machine
By BamaJim

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Please realize that I purchased my SC300 with automatic just two weeks ago, so my review is only initial. My car has been very well maintained, largely by a Lexus dealership, throughout its life. 115K miles. I believe the previous owners never abused it. This car should be bought by a mature person who appreciates what he's driving. This auto trans SC300 is intended as a cruiser, not a racer, but it IS capable of being quite sporty. When pushed, it corners flat, has quick steering and excellent pickup. It has a quite firm suspension, more so than its image indicates. Everything in this car works smoothly. Superb for being 12 years old. I was not a Lexus fan, but my car is special.

The overall beauty of this beast - it's a work of art just sitting in the driveway. The inline 6 engine - looks, smooothness, balance. 7 speaker radio - no distortion. It has beautiful, strong, double hinged doors - doors close like new. Nothing looks cheap. Fine leather seats. Design of dash.

As it is not made anymore, kind of moot. But, suggest availability of a small Fixed radio antenna (or in the windshild) to replace the current auto up-down one. AM reception is so-so. Somewhat raised rear sits for the kids. More room in trunk - less for radio. 5- speed auto rather than 4-speed.

An SC to be Proud Of
By LateefLexus

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I will begin with the negative so I'll have enough room for the positive. The only problem was with the starter and it was replaced at the dealer($580). In addition the dashboard gauges are going out. Too expensive at the dealer, I saw them on ebay for a great price. I suggest you get repair work at a regular Toyota/Lexus mechanic. They are out there, just make sure you look. I do enjoy this machine, it is a pleasure to drive. Shorter and longer distances should fear this vehicle. I enjoy larger sport coupes and the handling is luxurious and a pleasure.

Spacious luxury, I and 6'4 and it fits me fine. I think the standard V6,V8 SC 300,400 were the best engines made for this year of production. Very reliable, this car WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN. I am very pleased and I am almost at 100,000 Miles. Only 300,000 more until I shut it down. Enjoy

I really would like to see a V12 SC 400, I know the are available in Japan, what about those who desire them in the US?

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By kent34

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had 3 minor problems over the 10 years I've enjoyed this car. I will own it for over 150,000 miles and expect the reliability to continue. A wonderfully constructed and beautifully designed car. Strangers still comment on how great it looks.

It's built to last with only minimum maintenance. I've only changed the timing belt and oil.

None!

Love My Lexus!
By Toot

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1993 Lexus SC300 5 years ago. It has 5 speed, sun roof, a/c, CD player, phone mounted in console, leather and i love it. I would trade my husband before I traded my Lexus. It's been reliable, fun to drive, and I've not had any maintenance issues with it (so far). The only problem is the rear wheel drive and living in Pennsylvania, I'm not on the road much in the winter!!

5 speed, sun roof, handling, quiet

shifter gets in the way of the ashtray in 5th gear (oh well, stop smoking, huh)