2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Navigation System
By wrecks on 06/17/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The navigation system on this car it totally useless. No input while driving, no turn by turn guidance in unverified areas (smaller towns). While driving on a route if you enter a smaller town the guidance stops and you are on your own until you come to major highways. I purchased a Garmin nuvi 760 for my navigation needs, works better and guides for all occasions. I should have kept my Acura TL. Much better car.

A nice blend of luxury and comfort
By Matt on 04/19/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS 350 is a very good alternative to the BMW 3-series. I was planning to get a 335i coupe, but gave the IS 350 a look and I liked the IS better than the bimmer. Dont get me wrong, the BMW handled real nice (free maintenance for 4 years is tough to beat), but I do most of my driving on the highway, so I needed that a car that has both comfort and performance. The IS also looks better than the BMW, and it was less noisy (dealership told me it was due to run flat tires).

This car has too many rattles
By astrajet1125 on 04/13/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm shocked at the amount of rattles this car has in the first few thousands miles. As of today 7 squeaks and rattles!! I've been to the dealer 7 times with poor results. I was informed that they were "noise" issues not rattles and to deal with them as the nature of the car. Not the Lexus service they advertise! Do not buy this car if squeaks and rattles bother you.

Still more luxury than sports sedan.
By James B on 04/08/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus IS 350 is still more luxury than sports sedan. Straight-line performance is fantastic, and the automatic transmission is smooth. I am a tall/large guy and this car fits me well, due largely to a very adjustable driver's seat. The intake and exhaust notes could be more pronounced like on the BMW 3. The brakes and tires are high-performance versions (something tells me to compete better in comparos with the 3-series) and will wear out quickly, so be prepared to replace them often or get the less performance- oriented / higher-mileage substitutes. The body styling is wonderful, this car is truly curvy and beautiful.

Fast sporty sedan
By Eddy on 02/25/08 20:03 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I came from driving a highly modified Toyota MR2 turbo. I miss the stick, but the smooth powerful acceleration more than makes up for it. The car is quiet, sometimes too quiet and the ride is firm, but smooth. I have around 2000 miles on so far and enjoy every mile of driving this car. I feel so grown up driving this car too!

Should have gone with the 335i
By MPS ISO on 02/20/08 11:21 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the 335i, G35, G37, Acura TL, and A4. The BMW was easily the best driving car in every aspect, more refined, fluid, and precise by far. I went with the IS because of the reliability for my wife, plus she liked the interior. So far the IS has been in the shop four times for squeaks & rattles. The car handles like a Buick compared to the BMW. The suspension is harsh and the car has needless understeer, always pushing and sliding the front end beyond the intended arc. There really is no feel in the controls (steering, throttle, and brakes). If your near retirment age and want a melow driving exp this car is great. Fit and finish are great and the car does have a strong engine.

Best car in class
By Jeff on 02/05/08 18:32 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS 350 is a great car. Beautiful inside and out. Very fast! You will never want for power. I traded in a 350Z anniversary and this car is faster! Great sound system. Love the seats. Looked at all the cars in this class and this car is better in every way. Test this car last because you will love it, and buy it! Black with tan is hot. It turns heads eveywhere I go.

Best looking and performing IS yet!
By Shaun on 01/09/08 12:26 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pros - power, handling, ride comfort, overall appearance, decent gas mileage considering its 306 HP output, quiet and smooth. Cons - poor instrument panel on the center console. HORRIBLE FUZZY LED panel (not a defect, all ISs are like that), Gas mileage could be better, lack of remote start (even by a third party).

IS 350
By moznick on 01/03/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only put 500 miles on our new black with cashmere interior. Initial observataions: build quality excellent, power dramatic. Interior very comfortable for two in the front seats; I think the back seats are for children only. The placement of the driver's power window buttons is odd and uncomfortable to access, otherwise interior layout is good. Despite the large engine, I have so far averaged 26 mpg for mostly highway driving. That is outstanding! Test drove one with the sport suspension; the wife thought it was much too harsh - there really is quite a difference so you should try both.

Totally Awesome!!
By Connie Olson on 12/16/07 23:30 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS is just amazing! What a car, the best looking car I have seen in a long long time, and wow the interior rocks. Thought just a little about buying the ES, but not a chance when I seen the IS, ES looks now too much for the older Buick type of a crowd. The car is just fun, love to drive it, and can't wait to drive it everyday!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.