2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
2008 IS250 with manual transmission
By ardinos on 10/27/13 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Very good torque throught the manual gears, especial 1 thru 4; holds turns very well; easy to handle/steer - good wheel feel; powerful breaking; and still quite, espec. when touring; AND signif. more power to the rear wheels than the automatic. But ... nothing like the MT in my 1994 Lexus ES300. I had many problems with IS manual trans. After buying IS250 as CPO with only 2k miles, all kinds of MT came up: the worst being the flywheel was warped and I could get the car to move away in 1st from a stop -smoothly and with no jerkiness. It was maddening; had to argue and convince Lexus to take it seriously. Finally, 13,000 mi later, they replaced flywheel, which showed hot spots throughout.

6-Speed Manual is Great
By jthoms22 on 10/02/11 21:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have seen some bad reviews of manual trans - I think it is excellent through the first four gears, with just 5th and 6th being a bit rope-a-dope to get there. And the manual really makes the engine come alive. Also, i am comparing to a 2008 328i BMW, and a 2004 Honda S2000 - Honda the best obviously, but I would say IS 250 trans better than 328i.

Can't wait to change!
By alexandre Vieira on 08/04/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Very comfortable ride, for a small car. I've had it almost 2 years, no major problems. Front wheels, a lot of dust brakes. I'm 6'3", so I need a lot of leg room to drive. There is only enough room for a small kid to ride in the back seat behind me. Why does this car have such a big trunk but no space in the back seat? Every time I reverse, the wheels squeak so much, I don't have even 10,000 miles yet. I've been using plus gas, anything higher is a waste of money. Many times, I smell something overheating from the clutch, it has been checked by the dealer, they found nothing. The service at the Lexus dealer is too expensive, for oil change, basic service, etc. I go to Toyota, it's cheaper.

Cheap Luxury
By EJ on 03/17/10 14:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall good entry level luxury car. Have had to replace transmission (Manual) once under warranty as well as ongoing trips to the dealer to resolve interior trim panel rattling and cracking noises which are as of now solved. Great gas mileage, good engine, could use more power to be competitive with other makes. Cramped rear seat is a drawback

Good overall Lexus
By EJ on 06/06/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is not a bad car at all setting aside from numerous dealership visits within the 25k miles I have clocked with this vehicle. The engine is very smooth, quiet yet not as powerful as I would like, even with the manual transmission. The down points for this car is various suspension noises & horrible manual transmission/factory flywheel combo. At about 5000 miles, the manual transmission had to be replaced. Right after, various TSB's were performed for interior noises & passenger side front A-Pillar head air bag cover was replaced. Now I hear clanking in the suspension area when going over any type of bump or road imperfection. Also, interior plastic clips are getting loose which make noise.

More fun than a Beemer.
By KBoucher on 11/29/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I drove almost every comparable car over the two months prior to purchasing the Lexus IS 250 RWD with the 6 speed manual. My last few vehicles had 300 hp (Infiniti and BMW) but putting it to the pavement was not as much fun as with the Lexus 2.5L V6 6M. All I can say is that with the 6 speed manual transmission, the car is actually a well balanced fun car to drive. I drove a few automatics and didn't get the same feeling in the car. Also, I have upgraded lowering springs, cold air intake, catback exhaust, short throw shifter, 19 inch IS-F rims, and added a spoiler. The added power and greatly improved exhaust sound makes the car truly more fun than the BMW 335i or Infiniti G35

Very Classy Car! Love it.
By Valerie on 11/14/08 08:29 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the IS 250 in February with 8 miles on it. I love it so much. The only thing that i would love more about this car, is if the thermostat were hotter and the fan blew as good as the air conditioner. Other than it is wonderful, and i would recommend this car to anyone.

2008 Lexus IS 250
By Mike. H on 08/22/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car, a little bit under powered but the comfort makes up for this, especially I drive city all the time so horse power is not always required. Exterior of the car attracted my attention at first then the interior, feel, quality is what drove me to purchase, still very happy that I chose the Lexus.

Great Little Car
By RV on 02/26/08 20:59 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

From an SUV to an IS and I don't miss a thing. The IS is a funny car that packs a good punch and its not a bad looker either.

Sexy, Sporty, Smooth Ride
By Jessica Gwinn on 01/08/08 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect daily driver. Quick, quiet, nimble ride. All-leather cabin is sumptuous and extremely comfortable. Much nicer than BMW in this price class.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.