2007 Lexus IS 250 2.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car but i'm in

2007 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great car but i'm in a dilemma...
By LT on

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm in Toronto. Had it just after BoxingDay. Great car indeed. But the reason why I went for Lexus was for quality and quiet rides. To my disappointment, there's significant tire noise (i got 225/45/17 Dunlops) especially at highway speed. Bumpy rides add noise to interior. Got to turn up the stereo in order to "enjoy" my classical music. Hurts my ears at the end of trip. Faint squeaky noise from interior panels (doors, dash, somewhere at rear). Very small armrest storage. Jumpy tranny in slow traffics at 1st & 2nd gear, it seemed confused. Thinking of trading it in with an ES 350. Too bad! Sorry to say these negative things but they're facts. Should test drive it for a full day.

Favorite Features

Silky smooth engine. Stylish design from inside out. Superb sound system even with the Lexus' own. Great gas mileage. Good enough horses for everyday drive (I don't race, I drive). Sporty yet elegant dash design. Huge exterior rearview mirrors!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the tire/road noise insulation. Fix those squeaky interior panels. No need to say rear leg room.