2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 8-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

FSPORT ROCKS
By mark morris

2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Only compliant i have is the noticable turbo lag which is apparent when taking off. car has a 2 second or so delay before the turbo spools up and move it forward. Hopefully they can fix this with an update soon. There is ample power for everyday commute, comfort is surprising good for this F sports car at least compared to my previous BMW E46. I really like the car, especially the handling and power.

Is a turbo -charged IS 200t right for you?
By Fred

2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first turbo-carged vehicle and the lack of consistent, steady acceleration takes some getting used to. Make sure you go for an extended test drive to make sure you feel comfortable with this vehicle. All else is fine. Lots of compliments on appearance . Red interior is awesome.

Poor acceleration from a stop!
By MBass

2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We leased this car for my Wife and she has been very disappointed. When merging into traffic from a stop it has a 3 second delay, which at times makes it very unsafe. Since she is never accelerating hard to 60 its overall speed does not matter as much. As a daily driver in heavy stop and go traffic we would not recommend this car.

Slow Acceleration
By crvernier

2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I trade an IS 250 for 200T. I am disappointed with the acceleration of my 200T. The car takes around 2.5 to 3 seconds to accelerate after press the accelerator pedal. I called Lexus USA and they referred me to the dealer, I called the dealer and they referred me to Lexus USA. Has anyone one experience this issue?

Loving my Lexus.
By Tiburon09

2016 Lexus IS 200t Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my sixth Lexus. Four ES, one RX and now my IS200T. Love that the rear view camera, Satellite radio and moon roof are standard. Car being a foot shorter than ES is great when parking. Seats very comfortable and lots of adjustment options. Intuitive controls....not lots of complicated toys. Plenty of horses under the hood. Stops very quickly, nice turning circle.
Got excellent (33 mpg) on road trip into Blue Ridge Mts in NC, even with mountain driving and a/c blasting. ONLY complaint....Start button situated in such a spot that mid day sun makes it very hot to touch in summer. Bought a sunshade that solved that issue. Gas prices still .ow so that Premium at Costco still "cheap". Might not feel that way during next gas crisis.

Still an excellent car.