1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (37 reviews )
Best car I've ever owned
By lukas25 on 03/29/14 20:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 178k, now at 200k and still looks and drives like a new car, people constantly think it's 2006 or so, paint and leather quality has really impressed me, nothing has signs of wear and very little thing works, I've seen people who own these with well over 300k so I am not worried, I am sold on Lexus due to the reliability of this car

Excellent Used Car
By k_cubed on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought it at 94,000 in 2009 and I've driven it for a year now for both local driving and couple of road trips. It is an excellent car for all purpose and is incredibly comfortable. Brakes are something to get used to and the gas mileage isn't great. I've taken it to Lexus dealer for maintenance every 5,000 miles (which is quite costly) and I haven't had to do anything else. I'm definitely hooked on Lexus now.

Life time Lexus
By Orlando on 08/21/10 09:06 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I also purchased a 1999 GS300 at an Orlando car auction in 1999. the car had 1600 miles and was 3 months old. Eleven years later it has 68,760 on odometer and I still love how it handles. However the earlier post was correct (The car lurches when you first press on the gas. It is hard to start off smoothly) Have learned to press pedal easy when starting off.

Best car I have ever owned
By SF_ftbl on 12/01/09 09:22 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 2K miles. The feature that hooked me and I still use to this day is the button to roll down all the windows and open the sun roof from outside the car (comes in handy on those very HOT days). The car now has over 120K miles and all I have had to replace was a timing belt (100K) and a starter. A few years back I started looking for a replacement but could not find anything I liked so my wife let me "PIMP" the ride. I added a really cool kit to it and had the outside repainted the same Zinnabar Pearl. Added Halo headlights and a chrome grill. No one can believe it is a 99'. It is a head turner, but I know I will have to sell it one day.

Personal genuine ratings of Lexus GS300
By Galant on 10/12/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

In general terms I'm very happy with this car and it's a great long distance tourer. By far the greatest quality of this vehicle has to be the beautifully smooth, quick well made, and durable engine. In short I have driven many thousands of happy motoring miles in it and it has proved to be the most reliable car I've owned up to date.

Just bought a 10 year old GS
By jlmg on 02/07/09 09:15 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I found a very good deal on my GS300. 10 years old and only 64,000. Hard to believe it is 10 years old. Everything is still tight with no creaks or rattles. Fun to drive and very reliable so far.

My second used Lexus - good as the first
By Yonze on 01/24/09 14:03 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Have owned a '92 ES 300 for about six years and I still have it. My 99 GS is just as impressive and it gets almost the same mileage on a long trip. There's a lot to be said for a used Lexus from the dealer. Same quality, same service, at a fraction of the price. Lousy in the snow, though.

Love It!
By SandyD on 10/09/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I drove this car new off the showroom floor in 1998 and have loved every minute spent driving it! It's NEVER has a mechanical problem and it's driven every day. It's comfortable, fun to drive, and extremely reliable. The quality of the fit and finish is hard to beat and I can't think of any car on the road today that can beat it for the price. It was a lot of money for us to spend back then but worth every penny! If Lexus made a non-SUV that could hold 6 people, I'd buy that too.

Great Car
By Great Car on 08/16/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 47k miles. I just recently had are crashed in an accident with 165k miles. Total loss. This is a great car. Rides smooth and handle well for a large car. I would highly recommend this car. Never had any major problems and I only change the oil. Never even changed timing belt (not recommended).

Great Car - Highly Recommended
By ATL King on 07/19/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about 6 years. It had 47k mile when I bought it. I drive this car very hard and I have 164k mile on it. I know this is crazy but I have never replaced the timing belt (not recommended). I have had to replace the O2 sensors but that is about it for repairs. It has a good ride, smooth transmission, and good pick up (especially in PWR mode). This is the best car I have owned.