2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )
A best buy
By rfabricio on 10/18/13 23:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus ES. The car had decent acceleration but i found it lacking when merging into an expressway. Comfortable and quality.I bought a 2003 ES300 with 33,000 on it in 2008. I drove it for 30,000 with no mayor issues. The car was like new even though it was 5 years old when I bought it. The worse problem was that a mechanic at Lexus of North Miami sabotaged the AC system. Got angry when I complained he had not changed the AC cabin air filter after servicing the AC, which included the filter. A different dealer confirmed the AC had been purposely tinkered with and gave an estimate for $900. Took it back to Lexus of North Miami and service manager had it repaired for free. Car

Black Diamond Edition
By gafuldem on 08/13/12 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a very nice car. It is very smooth, reliable, I am 6 foot 3 I have found enough room to drive the car. It is comfortable. It looks nice. It is good on gas. No vibration. Black Diamond Edition makes it even better. Stereo is nice. I care about keeping my money in my pocket. I like to keep extra extra money in the bank. :) Repairs aren't an issue because it seems that it will not break. Maintaining the car is affordable also if you take it to a great mechanic who treats your car well. Mercedes Bmw and every other expensive car on the road has to pay for expensive repairs and to also maintain it. People who drive those cars normally have their eyes fixed on mine. Get one. Save$

Best I have ever driven
By stan on 02/15/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since it was new and have over 60000 miles on it. It still handles and drives like a new car. Only problem encountered was a caution lite re: front seat came on and Lexus replaced the whole front seat. Not one other rattle, part problem or issue. Simply the best car we have ever owned.

You Will Love This Car, I Promise!!
By Loveit!!! on 11/04/07 22:23 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for almost a year now, and I love it! Lexus offered the "Black Diamond Edition" which has an awesome black wood trim which I love. I drove this baby over 1000 miles and never encountered a problem with it. From its comfortable gray leather seating, to its 29 mpg tank, I recommend this car all the way. This car is excellent if you are a young person like me, or have a family to drive your car in. I previously owned a Lexus, and hope to own a Lexus in the future. I recommend buying a black color Lexus (just preferences!) - it's hot!

New to Lexus
By New Owner on 07/25/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Lexus I have owned. Overall I am very happy with the car. The ride is smooth and quiet, even at 80 MPH. The cooled seats are a great feature. The only fit and finish issues I have are that the driver console (window buttons) keeps lifting off. I have been to the dealer twice and it's still not right. The sun roof also has a dull rattle when its either very hot or very cold out. Other issues with the car are that the transmission lurches when taking off from an incomplete stop. The headroom is also tight. While I like the car I don't know if I would buy another. It doesn't quite live up to all of the hype over owning a Lexus. Maybe some of the higher end models do.

Never Again
By Charlie on 04/08/07 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Always wanted to own a Lexus. I now own my first and last. Previously owned a Park Avenue which had more comfortable seats, more leg and head room, front and back, smoother transmission, better overall ride, better gas mileage (3 to 4 more miles per gallon on regular gas), better designed dash and driving controls as well as more luxury features. Lexus is over rated and after driving it for a year can only say it has been a great disappointment. Only wish they still made the Park Avenue.

Squeak
By shaynew on 12/21/06 05:36 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car, but am disappointed with my driver's seat. Every time I accelerate or slow down the seat lets me know it by emanating a loud, annoying squeak. It sounds like there is a spring broken in there or when pieces of styrofoam are rubbed together. I have taken it to the dealer 6 times and they even replaced the seat once, but they cannot fix the problem. It is so loud that even blasting the excellent radio does not help. I spend a lot of time in my car and this problem makes me want to trade the car.

Like an old car
By BERNIE on 11/08/06 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the tires balanced 5 times & the dealer changed all tires on car. It still vibrates at highway speeds. Lots of wind noise from over drivers door. DoesnÂ’t shift smoothly in stop & go traffic. Armrests are too hard for a luxury car. Can't find garage door button in dark - no illumination. Front end was out of line when purchased but it is ok now. This vehicle has been very disappointing & I have never felt as though I am driving a new car. I think Lexus is very, very overrated.

Too quiet
By 6th time around on 05/11/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Lexus and the quietest yet...I can barely hear the car when I am stopped at a light....several times I have attempted to get out of the car with the motor running because it was so silent and still while in park...I can drive a thousand miles and not feel it in my car....I just wonder why I cannot put the 18 gallons of gas in my ES 330 and why I am not getting the 300plus miles from a full tank.

Great luxury and value
By muister on 04/24/06 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

For the price of the car, you cannot find a more luxurious car. This is not a sporty car and please do not rate this car with that angle -- just as one should not compare apples and oranges. The interior is amazingly plush and beautiful; you cannot find it in the BMW 3 or 5 series, nor the E or C-class MB sedans. If you want sporty drive, take a look at the IS or the BMW. If you want ultra-luxury, try the LS or the MB S-class.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.