Used 2006 Lexus ES 330 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Es-330 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

A best buy
By rfabricio

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus ES. The car had decent acceleration but i found it lacking when merging into an expressway. Comfortable and quality.I bought a 2003 ES300 with 33,000 on it in 2008. I drove it for 30,000 with no mayor issues. The car was like new even though it was 5 years old when I bought it. The worse problem was that a mechanic at Lexus of North Miami sabotaged the AC system. Got angry when I complained he had not changed the AC cabin air filter after servicing the AC, which included the filter. A different dealer confirmed the AC had been purposely tinkered with and gave an estimate for $900. Took it back to Lexus of North Miami and service manager had it repaired for free. Car

Favorite Features

Style, interior, leather upholstery. Sound system, plush feeling and very, very luxurious ride. It is not a car for the muscle car, road hogging crowd. But it went fast on the open highway and was extremely easy on your body on long rides. Predictable, reliable, delivered a full body experience with a smile. The perfect wife.

Suggested Improvements

Not the other woman. Lacked punch. Not the car for heart pounding passion. I would not have been happy with this car 20 years ago. The transmission issue was a minor glitch and after a while I got used to its quicks.

Black Diamond Edition
By gafuldem

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a very nice car. It is very smooth, reliable, I am 6 foot 3 I have found enough room to drive the car. It is comfortable. It looks nice. It is good on gas. No vibration. Black Diamond Edition makes it even better. Stereo is nice. I care about keeping my money in my pocket. I like to keep extra extra money in the bank. :) Repairs aren't an issue because it seems that it will not break. Maintaining the car is affordable also if you take it to a great mechanic who treats your car well. Mercedes Bmw and every other expensive car on the road has to pay for expensive repairs and to also maintain it. People who drive those cars normally have their eyes fixed on mine. Get one. Save$

Favorite Features

Smooth, nice stereo, nice navigation, reliable, rear sun shade is nice also

Suggested Improvements

more room in back seat, more torque, push button start

Best I have ever driven
By stan

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since it was new and have over 60000 miles on it. It still handles and drives like a new car. Only problem encountered was a caution lite re: front seat came on and Lexus replaced the whole front seat. Not one other rattle, part problem or issue. Simply the best car we have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Quite, smooth ride, great interior

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to increase fuel mileage although 24-25 mpg is not too shabby.

You Will Love This Car, I Promise!!
By Loveit!!!

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for almost a year now, and I love it! Lexus offered the "Black Diamond Edition" which has an awesome black wood trim which I love. I drove this baby over 1000 miles and never encountered a problem with it. From its comfortable gray leather seating, to its 29 mpg tank, I recommend this car all the way. This car is excellent if you are a young person like me, or have a family to drive your car in. I previously owned a Lexus, and hope to own a Lexus in the future. I recommend buying a black color Lexus (just preferences!) - it's hot!

Favorite Features

Seating, reliability (Over 300k + miles!!), Black Diamond Edition, leg room, comfort, speed, engine, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, none.

New to Lexus
By New Owner

2006 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Lexus I have owned. Overall I am very happy with the car. The ride is smooth and quiet, even at 80 MPH. The cooled seats are a great feature. The only fit and finish issues I have are that the driver console (window buttons) keeps lifting off. I have been to the dealer twice and it's still not right. The sun roof also has a dull rattle when its either very hot or very cold out. Other issues with the car are that the transmission lurches when taking off from an incomplete stop. The headroom is also tight. While I like the car I don't know if I would buy another. It doesn't quite live up to all of the hype over owning a Lexus. Maybe some of the higher end models do.

Favorite Features

Soft leather seats, wood trim, cooled seats, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Increase headroom, eliminate cassette tape (needs MP3), needs more power and a smoother transmission.