Awesome Used Car
By W. on
2001 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my ES300 back in Oct. 2009 after reading over Edmunds and various other websites. I finally caved in and traded my old 1997 MB C230 (210k mi, saggy headliner, expensive to maintain) for a more reliable car. While looking for cars like newer Accords & Camrys, I lucked up and this appeared locally on a car lot. For an older car, the ES300 feels right at home and better equipped compared to a newer Accord or Camry. I compromised and bought it with 98k miles (kinda high mi), and Had to recently service it for new belts & water pump at 105k miles. My mechanic stated "it's basically an expensive Toyota," which is exactly what I wanted: Everything works well, and it starts every time.
Favorite Features
The ride is incredibly comfortable, good audio system and excellent climate control AC, side airbags and traction control, Coach Edition paint and rims, Woodgrain Steering wheel. Volume control for car alarm is a clever touch, Heated seats are a nice frill, the fit and finish of the interior.
Suggested Improvements
The Cupholders are weak. Watch out if you have a tall cup or bottle. Window defroster isn't the greatest, either. I don't see great city MPG when I drive. Use good oil, Timely Oil Changes are KEY! However, it's really hard to complain about a ten year old car & newer models address most issues.