Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Love My Rovers
By jshook

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am on my third HSE ('04, '06, '08) and have absolutely loved all of them. Apparently, I am fortunate in that I have never experience any major maintenance issues. My only complaint is the $100+ it takes to fill it, but that goes with the territory. These vehicles are fantastic in all conditions. I live in the midwest and drive about 30,000 miles per year, so I see my share of nasty conditions including blizzards, ice and torrential rain. I never worry if I am in the Range Rover. Keep good tires on the car and it will get you there safely and effortlessly. Regarding interior finish and comfort, it doesn't get better, except on the newer RR's. Buy this vehicle....you won't regret it!

Stability on and off the road and the confidence the vehicle inspires in all conditions. 2008 console redesign a much needed impprovement over the prior years.

A really well-engineered Apple device interface for ipods, iphones and ipads that deals with communication (voice, text, email, data) and music. The screen needs to reflect the apple scree. In fact, just partner with Apple and ave them develop and install a system in the vehicle.

Love my Rover!
By Andy

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife's GMC Denali was climbing in miles and she expressed interest in a Range Rover. I was a bit worried after all of the negative press I heard. After a test drive and a 4 hour conversation w/ the Sales guy at land Rover Guilford (CT), I was sold! We bought a pre-owned 2008 Range Rover, black on tan and loaded w/ every option. We see around 20 MPG on the highway and handling is excellent. Land Rover Guilford was recently awarded the Pinicle Award and they offered a weekend at Land Rover's Driving School in Vermont for their customers. My wife and I went and were blown away at what a "rover" is capable of. Only a few minor glitches but service has resolved them all.

Solid, responsive and simply gorgeous!

Sunroof noise improvement!

Horrible Reliability and Service
By Mike

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dealerships has had it for the last month and a half trying to fix multiple problems. In the last 4 months it hasn't started about 40% of the time I've had it in my possession. The last two times I have picked it up from the dealership after they have stated they fixed the problems, I've had problems with in one day. Customer Service at Land Rover North America is horrible and won't return phone calls. They also don't provide a rent car when they keep it for weeks at a time.

Make a car that will start.

08 RR HSE
By HappyHour

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Truck is awesome. Surprisingly smooth and stable on highway and then effortlessly trudged through a recent 24" snowfall while my neighbors all watched and applauded. Acceleration is pretty good even in the HSE. We did an aftermarket rear seat DVD and is our biggest gripe. If you need one go with the factory system.

Luxurious interior, but offroad prowess. Classic exterior look. Roomy and comfortable compared to Sport and LR3.

NAV system is not the most intuitive or accurate. An extended version with third row would be nice.

Waste time going back & forwd to dealer
By Lemon

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What the....this guys writing about excellent car seems like from marketing department to counter bad feedback AC leak into interior carpet. Gas suspension dead one after another. Gas pump kaput. Radio/Audio need to be reset by dealer for some strange reason this is just some. Going back and forward to dealer ship like i have free time to burn. Thats why the sales never top BMW or Lexus as a new comer finally I settle with Lexus No Headache at all.

none

need to go back to drawing board or just dont used computer on the vehicle at all. Ah no time to write more but trust me i will be 10+ great review with 10 at the scale........hehehehe shame on you we not a fool grown up already