Used 2002 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Sportage
By bbbaker

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was pleasantly surprised with the power and comfort of such an economical vehicle. Interior has a spacious feel. Back seat folds down and was able to haul items that I normally would have borrowed a truck for.

4-wheel drive enabled me to go everywhere dispite snow. Convertible was a lot of fun in summer.

The body style from the front view could be enhanced.

2002 Kia Sportage
By DanielleB11

2002 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

good on gas; fun to drive in the summer

mileage; convertable top

better interior build

Kia crumpled, but I didn't!
By mamaofpits

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Kia Sporty 4x4 as I wanted something rugged, safe, and able to get through flooded streets. It never let me down, always started right up and got me where I was going... except for one day. I was stopped in traffic when this monsterous extended van plowed into me at about 45 - 50 mph and was a chain reaction. I walked away with minor injuries... no broken bones! The paramedics were amazed. Either the Kia is indeed built to be very safe and sturdy and/or my guardian angel was with my that day. Would I buy another one... absolutely!

Good seating position, very cute appearance, rugged build.

I agree... change the cupholder. Also more dealerships would be nice, I had to drive 45 min. or so to reach the closest Kia dealer.

Luv my Kia
By iceman8147

2002 Kia Sportage 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased (2) Kia Sportage convertables over a year ago. Both my wife and I love them. They are perfect for the Florida beach / rush hour traffic scene. You sit up nice and high, but can zip in and out of traffic. With the top off, you can enjoy the fresh ocean air. I have worked in the US automotive industry for 20 years, but after driving my little SUV, I am impressed. The fit and finish on our Sportages was as good as or better than vehicles that I have seen at the NA assembly plants. For the money, they are quite a value. If they had a small V6 in it rather than the I4, fuel economy would be better as the 4 cylinder is worked pretty hard.

Styling, peppy, handling, driving fun. Value, fit and finish.

Placement of the cup holder. Needs a V6.

I love my Kia!
By Jewle

2002 Kia Sportage 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend the Kia Sportage! I bought a vehicle to slow me down, and take my time, this one is it. It runs great, and if I get stuck in snow or ice, I have 4 wheel drive. She's cute too!

I love my two tone paint, spoiler and rack. Also the cd player. But, most of all I love the seats, they are so comfortable!

I am having trouble with my locks. The fuses keep burning out. I have to take that in again. This will be the 2nd time. Within a week, it burnt out. Must be a short somewhere.