2012 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Kia Sorento LX with convenienc

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Review

Kia Sorento LX with convenience package and 3rd row seat
By motorspeed on

2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After driving the Sorento for more than 5000 miles I am very satisfied with the car. I've owned a Nissan (350 Z), Subaru (WRX), and Honda (Si). I consider myself a car guy, and now I'm driving an SUV because my family is getting bigger. Recently I did a trip in my Sorento to North Carolina from Fort Lauderdale (780 Miles one way) and was very pleased with the car. Six people plus luggage and the SUV behaved admirably. I really like the steering feel and on center behavior, the solid chassis (car based) and how safe it feels overall in handling. The 2.4 GDI engine feels with enough punch doing the task, and is delivering 23 to 24 miles per gallon. Very good package.

Good handling for an SUV the suspension setup is on the firm side letting you know what is happening on the road. Nice features, good interior fit and finish.Third row seat is big enough for under 5.8 people (not just for kids).

Center console sometimes squeaks when ambient temperature is low. Center back seat is low on cushion.