2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Always buy the big engine.
By buiford56 on 03/23/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I feel badly for all of you that bought the four cylinder engines. I have just under 30K on my Sorento and it is a great vehicle. My family and I drove from Iowa to Louisiana and back last week and I averaged 27.5 mpg at 76 mph. This is a comfortable and relaxed road-trip cruiser. The ride is a bit stiff, but this is why it handles well. The Sorento is powerful and economical. I have to say, it does very well in the snow too.

20,000 miles and loving it more
By flyboy80 on 01/04/13 07:57 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been trouble free, fun to drive, extremely agile in traffic. Meets or exceeds advertised performance numbers. Acceleration and braking awesome. Fuel mileage 30 to 35 MPG (Imperial) in county/town, and 35 to 40 on freeway at 62 to 65 mph, depending on wind. One day's travel actually 625 miles on tank (15 IMP). We know there have been economy problems with some models, but not this one. Ride is firm, but offset by great control in turns and winding roads. V6 is the way to go. Best we've owned.

surprised with the kia
By jclaudio on 01/29/12 22:28 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

needed a new car for my family of three> dont make very much money so it was all about the price range. after doing our share of research nuthin came close to the style and warranty that kia offers.i battled with the chevy equinox but would of spent more money for less of a vehicle> asked chevy can you explain why i should buy your chevy? theyre responce"its a chevy" wasnt good enough so WE went with the smart choice. so far so good>getting lots of compliments on the style and price we ended up spending. only time will tell how my sorento will perform but im focusing on the positive cuz any car can brake down!!!!! question is do u feel ripped off my answser is no

My first new car ever - unbelieveable value!
By tcsmythe on 10/23/11 15:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Sorento actually exceeded the sticker's MPG rating. Super peppy and holds my entire outdoor sound system. My profit as a musician just went up.

Excellent First Impressions
By flyboy80 on 10/04/11 07:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our first 1000 KM's have been a delight, with the 3.5 V6 giving outstanding performance - both in acceleration/smoothness/quietness and fuel economy. Fuel mileage appears as advertised - ie. city 27 and highway 37 MPG imperial. Being calibrated for Canada, our first tank showed 9.5 L/100 KM or 30 MPG, all around driving, mostly local with A/C on. A steady 90 KPH indicated 6.8 L/100 KM. We have yet to measure this in actual terms upon careful fill-ups, but indications are good. Brakes are just right, ride is smooth and quiet, but somewhat harsh on rough roads. Trade-off is great cornering. Fit and finish is excellent. Dealer treatment first class. Time will tell reliability.

Excellent SUV
By bevro on 09/15/11 03:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought this car the end of August. I have now reached my first 1000 miles. I have had no problems with this vehicle in any way. Great on gas. I do mostly highway averaging 35 miles per day. 1 full tank of gas has lasted me all 7 days, and even have enough fuel to get me through the rest of my week. No problems with interior and exterior. So far, this is the best car i have owned for some time. I get huge compliments from family, friends and co-workers, even the big boss. No regrets yet.

A Major Disappointment
By mdawgg on 09/11/11 16:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 150 miles the plastic seat belt retainer clips popped out of the interior sides they were supposed to be anchored to. I tried to put them back in but they would eventually pop out again. After 250 miles the engine began to idle rough, the transmission would go "clunk" when shifting up or down at slow speeds, and the car began to vibrate when driving on the highway. After 850 miles the rear view screen in the mirror for the backup camera began to have thick black lines across it. Sometimes the screen would go completely black. The car has only a little over 1000 miles on it, but I dread driving it for fear of having more things go wrong. I will never buy another Kia again.

Incredible Value !
By awf48 on 06/23/11 17:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a SUV to replace my Saturn Vue--the 2012 Sorento is more than I expected I have the LX- V6--performance is great and gas mileage with 6 speed auto gives overall 27.5/28 miles per gallon combined--who's complaining not me! The Sorento has a great warranty and was also more coverage than expected. I liked the FACT that it was made in Georgia, Go USA! Drive out on the 2012 was $25,500 includes TT&L and $2000 down--No trade in.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Sorento Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*