Used 2007 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Rio

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Great car but...
By h2oelemental

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, it gets great mileage and until recently it was very reliable. I put 30-36K miles a year on my car and do a lot of stop and go driving. I have over 166K on my car. In the past 3 yrs we have had to replace 3 ignition coils, both O2 sensors and now we have to replace the catalytic converter. She also tends to eat front tires. Constantly out of alignment. She has done very well overall and if possible will buy another Kia. Considering the kind of driving I do, she had held up very well.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Comfort, inexpensive to drive overall, great heater, A/C, safety features

Excellent car for the money
By rctpeel

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Rio5 new with 9km on it. I drove many comperable models from different mfg including Chev Aveo, Toyota, Dodge Caliber etc. I was impressed with the handling and jump for such a small car. I've had no issues with summer or winter driving. I've been religious with oil changes but haven't had to do anything major. Just recently at 70K did I have to replace the set of belts before a long trip. If I had to pick at something, it would be the OEM Kuho tires. My front set only lasted about 40K. Warranty is great (8 yrs, 160K km) although nothing has gone wrong. Orig brakes still have 40-50% left on them and still getting close to 450km on 40L of gas. An excellent car for the money!

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Tires.

i love my kia rio
By racahellee97

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

i never ever though i would drive a small car again after getting hit and hurt in a bad car accident a few years ago. i have a suburban but the high cost of gas prompted me to look into a new car. I bought a used 2007 kia rio in march and i could not be happier!!! i adore my car. the color, the gas mileage, the compliments i get, the glares when i fill my tank for less than $35. its very fun, very sporty and puts a huge smile on my face when i get to sit in it. i never though i would ever drive a small car again, but with all my air bags, i wont be looking back.

Favorite Features

i love everything! i dont have any automatic anything on it, just the basics, and i am ine with that. i love that it came with tinted windows and a cd player since i have kids and they love their music. i love that the dealer calls it a bubble car with all the air bags. being a bit scared to drive a smaller car, that really helps. and fillinf up my tank for $35 really beats $150 in my suburban. i adore my baby

Suggested Improvements

the only issue i have with my kia is that it shakes when i hit over 75 mph on the freeway. but we figured out that i need new tires. once i get those, ill be just fine.

Excellent Car
By Michiganpastor

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new and now have over 106,000 miles on it. I've had almost no problems. I replaced 2 wheel bearings and just now changed the front brake pads which still had life in them! I changed the timing belt at 60,000 by choice. It hadn't broken. That's it. Everything else (except the tires) are original. Gas mileage is low 30s. They told me I'd get 40mpg but that doesn't happen. I have an automatic by the way. And yesterday I hit a deer broadside at 55 mph and the car just kept on going! Never even knocked it out of lane. I was flabbergasted. It's $3100 in damage but I can still drive it. So far it's been one of the best cars I ever bought.

Favorite Features

Reliability. It's been amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to up the gas mileage. It's not bad but something this small should do at least high 30s on the highway. Oh, and the option for a outside temperature gauge and compass would be nice too!

Van Devere>does not honor rust warranty
By dave

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This Kia Rio rusted out within 3 years! Took it to the dealer. Van Devere in Akron, Ohio West Market St will not honor warranty on rust protection. DO NOT BUY A KIA RIO. Korean junk!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Honor your warranty on rust protection