Used 2007 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Rio

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Most Helpful|
Van Devere>does not honor rust warranty
By dave

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This Kia Rio rusted out within 3 years! Took it to the dealer. Van Devere in Akron, Ohio West Market St will not honor warranty on rust protection. DO NOT BUY A KIA RIO. Korean junk!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Honor your warranty on rust protection

Better than I expected
By eap

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Drives better on the highway than I thought it would for a small car-I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of effect on the car when semi trucks passes me or I passes semi trucks-I expected to be pushed around on the road more than I was

Suggested Improvements

Dealers should have more cars available with ABS-don't short change safety to keep the price down

YOU GOTTA DRIVE IT.
By SKI

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

You gotta drive this thing, I love it. I read a review that said this was not a good car. Go drive one. I drove some of the other cars in its class and the Rio is bigger than most and more power than most. 6 airbags and an awesome look to it. Plenty of room for all my junk. I have 3 kids that I take with me when my wife is at work and we fit perfect.

Favorite Features

The room and the 6 airbags. Also the warranty, you can't beat it. Plenty of get up and go with good MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Make power mirrors standard.

Excellent car for the money
By rctpeel

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Rio5 new with 9km on it. I drove many comperable models from different mfg including Chev Aveo, Toyota, Dodge Caliber etc. I was impressed with the handling and jump for such a small car. I've had no issues with summer or winter driving. I've been religious with oil changes but haven't had to do anything major. Just recently at 70K did I have to replace the set of belts before a long trip. If I had to pick at something, it would be the OEM Kuho tires. My front set only lasted about 40K. Warranty is great (8 yrs, 160K km) although nothing has gone wrong. Orig brakes still have 40-50% left on them and still getting close to 450km on 40L of gas. An excellent car for the money!

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Tires.

Piece of junk
By frustrated

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in hopes of having a reliable vehicle for once. Day 1 02 sensor went out. 9 months later electrical problems. Went through 4 Cruise controls in 1 year because Kia kept putting the same one in. Went to private custom shop they put a better one in and told me that my car was destroying the Cruise because the car and Cruise control were not compatible. 2 years running lights and fog lights to make sure they are on I have to tap them before I drive away. Handles horrible in the winter. Gets worse gas mileage than the car I traded in for 1995 Dodge intrepid. I got 28 the first month of owning this car now I am lucky if I get 18 mpg. Everyone one I see I say stay away from Kia!

Favorite Features

the outside of the car looks cool and the interior is sporty (i have the sports package) i like my spoiler and my pedals.

Suggested Improvements

standard pwr locks/windows. better control. more power. better gas mileage. standard cruise control that is compatible with the car. better electrical and better warranty don't just plug it in and say oh nothings wrong with it. also when my 02 sensor went out they told me it was my gas cap!