2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Hey! It's a Jeep!
By jet on 05/20/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'll be honest. You gotta want a jeep to own a jeep. This is the funnest vehicle you'll ever own. It's at home off road or at the mall. The newer jeeps ride a lot better that the older ones due to coil-over shocks in the front. Accessories galore! This is the one vehicle that you can truly personalize. My advice for jeep buying: Buy the full doors, the 6- cyl., oversized tires, and both hard and soft tops. These are all the "should-a-gots" that plague jeep buyers remorse. Mine averages 13/16 mpg on pavement and about 20mpg off- road! Jeeps are fun! Oh yeah- and insurance is CHEAP!

Jeep wrangler sport 04
By D.SORENSEN on 02/21/08 15:02 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car so much. It's so much fun. To sell this car will be a very sad day. With the amount of driving I do I need something a little more economical. It has been the best car I have ever owned.

Good to go!
By mecinoid on 01/04/08 04:04 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I only have bought this Jeep about a month ago but, I have owned a few Jeeps in my life. I love the improved ride, power, quietness and performance of this Wrangler Jeep. Quite an improvement over ones just a few years back imo. Parts are easy to get and the package works well for me as a towable vehicle behind my motorhome as well. If your going to buy this one at least get the limitted slip rear diff from the factory with the DANA 44 rear end. I plan on putting a cable locker up front and I'll be set for all but the worst stuff. I have already added $1500 in parts for off roading; bumpers, winch, and tow bar, and rock sliders were a must for my use. Loving it!

Outstanding
By Roger on 11/14/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Wrangler is a great vehicle that can go places one never thought a vehicle could go. Up hill, over rocks and through rivers. Very tough and dependable.

I Love this vehicle
By gimlet on 04/20/06 21:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Jeeps my whole life and people ask me why I love them so much. They complain about the ride being too rough and it eating too much fuel. To me, however, a vehicle should be practical and fun to drive and that is what I love about the Jeep Wrangler; they are awesome off-road, sporty enough to drive around town, not to mention there are myriad configurations for the roof which is awesome since I live in Hawaii. But the thing I love the most is the fact that they haven't changed all that much in the past, once again proving the old mantra "if it aint broke don't fix it."

I have loved all of mine
By jmc19117 on 04/12/06 17:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a car that is great on gas, silent, & not bumpy then pass on the Wrangler. If you like to have fun, get through almost anything & have a blast doing so then this is the one for you! I am a female & do not find it difficult to get the soft top on or off. Have not had a hard time with it in any sort of commuting. Easy to travel in also. Have taken it up & down the East Coast.

Why We Divorced our Jeep
By Matt on 10/31/05 19:29 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I greatly enjoyed driving this vehicle - however, it was truly a Love-Hate relationship. Over the period of 18 months, we had this Jeep back to the dealership for steering column thud over bumps (fixed, but not until after they replaced portions of the rear suspension), clutch master cylinder failure making smooth starts impossible (fixed), water leaks from hood hinges (could not duplicate problem - not fixed) and two trips to attempt correction of "pre-ignition" (first time fixed, second time told to take to another dealer). Although we did enjoy our Jeep, we knew with only 18 months of ownership that we would never keep it past its warranty expiration.

Coast-to-Coast Jeep
By Rob 87IROC USMC on 08/14/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven this Jeep from Oregon to North Carolina, spent a year here running it through some of the most horrible mud in the country, endless standing water, and narrow ATV trails, drifting it sideways across sandy plains and jumping it with 8 total passengers. I have caked it inside and out, had muddy water pour into the dash, killed the motor with the exhaust 6 inches below the water line, winched and pulled full-size Bronco's and Dodge Ram's, and next week I will confidently drive it on my return trip to Oregon, this time pulling a trailer.

Great Multupurpose Vehicle
By DAC on 01/14/05 22:07 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned other Jeeps but this was my first Wrangler. I promised my wife a convertible some day and she loves the Jeep. Great purchase. It is not the most comfortable ride for long highway drives but it is acceptable. It is hard to get the kids in their car seats. The fuel economy is not what it should be based upon existing technology. IT IS a fun vehicle, and a great short distance commuter. It handles the back roads and off-roads with equal ability. If you're afraid to get a scratch on it buy a Lexus and stay on the highway. IF you want a ride for bad weather, hunting conditions, and off-roading recreation...the Wrangler is a good fit.

Timeless Machine
By kepasa on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for an all out performer in its class this is this vehichle for you! Excellent quality, decent ride quality in town & on the highway. Will go almost anywhere you point it offroad. It is an icon dating back to the original Willys.Soft top is adequate, but not that easy to put up.If your'e looking for a convertible with ease this is not it.