2006 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Early impressions...
By Tim on 05/22/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased Commander 2 weeks ago. The suv handles impressively, is quiet inside and is void of any rattles. The steering is quick & direct with good feedback. The 4.7L is strong off the line & through the rev range. Brakes are average but progressive. The vehicle feels planted around corners, even at speed, with the steering wheel returning to center easily. There is some bounce at higher speeds over washboard surfaces, but composure is not compromised. Front seats are firm but comfortable, the third row seats have been folded flat 80% of the time so far but the kids are happy there anytime. Styling is a nice mix of old-new Jeep with a touch of Mercedes-Benz G-class added. No bland looks here! I like it!

Great Vehicle!
By Tom on 05/18/06 17:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Turned in a 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo that had never had a problem. The Commander is roomier inside - is fun to drive - ride is great - and it appears to have the same great quality as our previous Grand Cherokee.

Great SUV
By kmag51 on 05/10/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fantastic. The styling is timeless and it gets a lot of attention when I drive it. Interior (saddle brown) is gorgeous and very comfortable. Lots of room inside but the back legroom lacks a little. All gauges and switches are conveniently placed. This truck handles very well for almost 5,000 lbs. and the hemi has good power. Fun features are automatic wipers, headlights and Sirius radio. All in all a great truck and I highly recommend it.

Great Car
By NHVT on 05/09/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love it. It has been a great vehicle so far. The gas mileage is what I expected. The extra room is appreciated and the overall feel is classic Jeep at its best!

Excellent Choice
By Rob on 05/09/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have two children and love the space during road trips. The third row seating is very easy to use. Plenty of head room as well.

First Jeep
By Martin on 05/02/06 00:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, This is our first Jeep and compared to other SUV styles for size and price the Commander won hands down. We were looking for a car for my wife to haul kids and groceries. It took us several months and drove a lot of cars before deciding on this SUV. After a test-drive my wife and I really loved the car. We both knew this was "the" car. This car is just right for a family of four and the occasional neighbor kids and friends.

Needs more room
By Dee on 05/01/06 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I think this is good vehicle but It could use some improvements. Mainly the back seat does not have enough leg room. I am a fairly big man and found the vehicle to be cramped for my children if they're riding in the back seat with me in the car. The drive of the car is outstanding. I had a larger SUV before this one and the Jeep drive just the same if not slightly better.

new Commander
By jrchevy on 04/18/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle a week ago. Best car for my money so far. Roomy enough for my family with 2 car seats for the kids.

Jeep
By Missy R on 04/17/06 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The tank is small and the fuel mileage is terrible so I'm at the gas station quite often. Also because of the stadium seating it is hard to see through the rear mirror. The upside is pretty good though. It's the best driving SUV I have owned and it is extremely comfortable.

Love it!
By Jake on 04/05/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought for my wife. Great vehicle. Rides like a luxury car, very quiet. Decent mileage. Looks great and fun to drive. Excellent trip car with plenty of headroom even with the sunroof. Loaded with standard features, traded in a Grand Cherokee Limited and all I miss are the heated seats. No major complaints.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.