2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:
Total Sham!!!
By cbe1970 on 09/18/14 12:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

26-28 MPG? What a sham! I've had the car for 6 months, have approximately 5000 miles on it and average about 16 MPG! The car has been back over 3 times to the dealer. Each time they tell us there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. They even kept the car one day and took it on various trips on the highway, off the highway, idling in a parking lot, etc.… and claim that they were able to get the car up to 26 MPG. Since then, we'’ve come to find out that the Hybrid does not work when the air conditioning is on. Really? I live in Florida! The air conditioning is ALWAYS on. It would have been nice if this were brought to my attention by the dealer, prior to me leasing the car.

The hybrid is a scam
By qx60_scam on 07/15/14 15:00 PM (PDT)

Sticker on it was 25 City / 28 Hwy. Actual has been around 16 City / 21 Hwy, no better than the all-gas version, which is $3,000 cheaper. The fuel gauge often jumps from 1/4 tank to empty, and the display goes from ~50 miles to "---". The hybrid battery gauge has 6 bars and a charge indicator. At stops it frequently runs the engine without charging battery, even though the charge is only at 2-3 bars. The only time I've seen the battery charged over 5 bars was on a long downhill trip where it charged with regenerative braking. Had the car 3 months and didn't even know it went up to 6 bars until that trip. The dealership has been evasive and unable to address the above issues.

Built to perform
By california11 on 06/07/14 23:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the fully loaded QX60 Hybrid Front wheel in March 2014. I enjoy the smooth, comfortable and quiet ride. I just made it to 5000 miles. I mostly drive in a normal mode, shown by the "dot" on the dial knob.The city and highway mileage combined gives 26 MPG. For the highway, it gives up to 29 MPG. Look at the MPG bar on the center display panel and learn to drive accordingly to get better MPG. When possible, hit the brakes slowly and see how hybrid battery charges. No premium gas needed. It is not a race car, but if you want to drive that way you can (switch dial to sport mode), may not get best MPG.

Infiniti offers horrible support
By qx60hybridscam on 05/12/14 21:43 PM (PDT)

Bought the 2014 QX60 Hybrid AWD, $60,000. Window sticker says 25-28mpg, combined 26. I'm just over 4,000 miles. The best I've seen is 22mpg. That was fillup in Seattle, drive I-5 to Portland, turn around and straight back to Seattle. Cruise control the whole way. My regular fill ups are 18mpg. Total crap! Told service Manager at dealership I bought it from. They drove it for a week and they got 19mpg. So we have a problem, right. All the service tests they did showed the car operating optimally. So they called infiniti and we opened a case. infiniti engineer came, drove 51 miles on 1.8 gallons which equaled 28.3mpg. I said how did you do that? He couldn't tell me because it was proprietary!

Major problem with this car - DO NOT BUY THE HYBRID!!
By greggnyc on 05/08/14 08:08 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid two months ago in March 2014. I immediately noticed that I am getting a combined 15 mpg on the trip computer (not the 25/28 mpg as advertised). After having the Infiniti dealer (Infiniti Manhasset) tell me there is nothing they can do, I reached out to Infiniti USA. They asked that I do a manual calculation by tracking how many miles I have driven on the odometer and how many gallons of gas it takes to fill up from the last fill up. After going through this exercise, the calculation was still right around 15 mpg (15.4 mpg to be exact). Infiniti USA told me yesterday that there is nothing they can do to help me . Is anyone else having this problem?

The Hybrid Engine is a Scam!
By njdriver36 on 04/11/14 17:47 PM (PDT)

If you want better gas mileage do Not buy the QX60 Hybrid. I bought one in December 2013. After a few weeks of poor gas mileage and noticing that the Hybrid engine seemed never to be running, I took it to the dealer. The service guy told me that the Hybrid engine by design does not work when either the AC or heater is on! That's 99% of the time that I will be driving. Total nonsense. I paid an extra $3,000 to get the same gas mileage that the gas only version gets. There was absolutely NO disclosure from my salesman about the "unique" way this hybrid engine works, or more accurately does not work! No one would ever pay the extra $3,000 if they new the truth! I feel totally robbed!

city mpg rating is a sham
By qxcouldbbetter on 02/24/14 03:52 AM (PST)

I've had the qx60 hybrid and for about 3 mo now, 2300 miles. If I knew how poorly hybrid performs in the city (supposed to be hybrid vehicle strength) I would not have gone for hybrid. Let me repeat this, the car is great! Lots of room, great safety features, but I want my money back for "hybrid" part. City mpg of 25 is nowhere to be found, no matter how slow or fast acceleration, ease of breaking, Ac/no ac, no matter what I tried. I max out around 15mpg on a good day around city and hit as low as 9mpg occasionally without trying. Infiniti, I hope you are listening and are not going to drop your customers now that we have given you the money.

Comfort and Fuel Economy
By jayjay on 01/30/14 13:26 PM (PST)

Selected AWD Hybrid after comparing to gas version and Acura MDX. QX60 offered more room, comfort, and better price than the MDX (my opinion). Hybrid vs non was a difficult decision but with a modest 3k premium, increased MPG, and option packages simplified, we selected the AWD hybrid. The comfort is unparalleled and the safety is outstanding. The warnings (lane departure, blind spot ect.)/interventions can be individualized, on or off for each driver. The MPG was concerning after purchasing with 19 city and 23 hwy. Now with 1500 miles 22 to 23 city and as high as 29 on the highway! 24 for mixed driving. There is a break in period and learning curve with this SUV to obtain good MPG.

Gas mileage not as advertised
By mongolikecandy on 01/16/14 08:33 AM (PST)

I bought the hybrid after calculating that it would be a 3 year payback for us based on the improved mileage. lo and behold, i am actually getting WORSE MILEAGE than the gas version! my wife is getting 17 in the city and 19 on the highway. what a load of BS. I'm having the dealer take a look at it and will update my review when i know more.

Don't buy this car
By joesams on 01/07/14 16:34 PM (PST)

The car is roomy, great for family with kids, but the nightmares started in the first week when I noticed that the hybrid battery is hardly discharging any power towards the car, the energy screen is always showing energy discharged from the engine towards the car or the battery, and after the first 250 miles the average of gas consumption was 15 miles per gallon...yes 15,,not 26 as they claimed, I took the care back to the dealership who contacted infiniti of USA and the answer was it is what it is,,the battery is not fully hybrid but partially, and gues what if your AC is working then the battery won't work,,,,I filed a case with infiniti ad I'm waiting for an answer, ill update you.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid in VA is:

$116 per month*