2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

Most Helpful|
Infiniti offers horrible support
By qx60hybridscam

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the 2014 QX60 Hybrid AWD, $60,000. Window sticker says 25-28mpg, combined 26. I'm just over 4,000 miles. The best I've seen is 22mpg. That was fillup in Seattle, drive I-5 to Portland, turn around and straight back to Seattle. Cruise control the whole way. My regular fill ups are 18mpg. Total crap! Told service Manager at dealership I bought it from. They drove it for a week and they got 19mpg. So we have a problem, right. All the service tests they did showed the car operating optimally. So they called infiniti and we opened a case. infiniti engineer came, drove 51 miles on 1.8 gallons which equaled 28.3mpg. I said how did you do that? He couldn't tell me because it was proprietary!

Suggested Improvements

It's a passive hybrid. It does not propel the car. Only kicks into hybrid when your stopped. Fix the window sticker. It should not say 25-28mpg! The infiniti engineer, Joe Dill, would not let me ride on his 51 mile test drive, nor would he tell me how he achieved 28.33 mpg. I'm a 42 year old man, and he told me to re-evaluate my driving style. Use cruise control between stop lights, obey posted speed limits, time red lights so you don't come to stops, roll windows down under 40mph, use CC above 40mph. Basically just wiped his hands clean, and said "I don't know what to tell you." Still have never got anything close to 28mpg. The best I get around town is 18-19mpg and I drive like a grandma!

Gas mileage not as advertised
By mongolikecandy

I bought the hybrid after calculating that it would be a 3 year payback for us based on the improved mileage. lo and behold, i am actually getting WORSE MILEAGE than the gas version! my wife is getting 17 in the city and 19 on the highway. what a load of BS. I'm having the dealer take a look at it and will update my review when i know more.

Suggested Improvements

if you pay extra for a hybrid, your mileage should improve, not decrease. I'm smelling a class action lawsuit

Don't buy this car
By joesams

The car is roomy, great for family with kids, but the nightmares started in the first week when I noticed that the hybrid battery is hardly discharging any power towards the car, the energy screen is always showing energy discharged from the engine towards the car or the battery, and after the first 250 miles the average of gas consumption was 15 miles per gallon...yes 15,,not 26 as they claimed, I took the care back to the dealership who contacted infiniti of USA and the answer was it is what it is,,the battery is not fully hybrid but partially, and gues what if your AC is working then the battery won't work,,,,I filed a case with infiniti ad I'm waiting for an answer, ill update you.

The Hybrid Engine is a Scam!
By njdriver36

If you want better gas mileage do Not buy the QX60 Hybrid. I bought one in December 2013. After a few weeks of poor gas mileage and noticing that the Hybrid engine seemed never to be running, I took it to the dealer. The service guy told me that the Hybrid engine by design does not work when either the AC or heater is on! That's 99% of the time that I will be driving. Total nonsense. I paid an extra $3,000 to get the same gas mileage that the gas only version gets. There was absolutely NO disclosure from my salesman about the "unique" way this hybrid engine works, or more accurately does not work! No one would ever pay the extra $3,000 if they new the truth! I feel totally robbed!

Suggested Improvements

Infiniti needs to pull the plug on this "hybrid" until they design one that actually works!

Total Sham!!!
By cbe1970

26-28 MPG? What a sham! I've had the car for 6 months, have approximately 5000 miles on it and average about 16 MPG! The car has been back over 3 times to the dealer. Each time they tell us there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. They even kept the car one day and took it on various trips on the highway, off the highway, idling in a parking lot, etc.Ö and claim that they were able to get the car up to 26 MPG. Since then, we'íve come to find out that the Hybrid does not work when the air conditioning is on. Really? I live in Florida! The air conditioning is ALWAYS on. It would have been nice if this were brought to my attention by the dealer, prior to me leasing the car.

Favorite Features

Not even worth mentioning because the MPG I'm getting takes the joy out of everything else!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a true Hybrid or pull it from the market. I'ím beyond disappointed and can't believe that I'ím stuck with this stupid car for 3 years! You can be sure that I will NEVER EVER buy or lease another Infiniti again! Don't waste your money!