Used 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

HORRIBLE CAR EXPERIENCE!
By Alain Bin Naim

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Like in the Matrix movie quote "When you see an Infiniti QX60 RUN Neo Run"

Since i bought this SUV it's been at the dealer for repairs almost every 2 months. 1) Headlamp got water inside and had to replace 2)Noise on headliner and had to replace entire headliner almost 10 days without car. 3)Back again for window motor not closing window. 4)Back again for Transmission issues with 22k miles only and had to wait one month to be replaced, meaning car was a dealer for 35 days and me without car. 5)On top of that back again for other headlamp water replacement. 6)Again on dealer for rear passenger seat noise and they had to replace it. Seriously? 2104 and all these pain in the neck repairs? what's next, I'm sure something else was fixed that I don't recall, so I decided to sue Nissan, yep I want a new car or my money back.My lawyers are asking for that but Nissan offered just $500 compensation. Are you serious Nissan? So still in pending responses from Nissan before I submit lawsuit. I'm really scare now waiting when this car will brake in pieces on the highway. Really disappointed with this purchase! No recommended to anyone my experience.

Buyer beware
By Joycreasey@yahoo.com

Like many here, this was my first luxury car purchase. I purchased it in September 2014. My first trip a week later, it started stuttering and jerking and jumping upon acceleration. I took it back to the dealer every week for months. Each time they replaced something significant, like the transmission. I think I had 3 or 4 new transmissions. At one point, they replaced the engine. This car was a disaster. In the 6 months I owned it, the dealer had it more often than me and put more miles on it than I did. They called at one point and offered me $1000 to shut up and dismiss my claims. Um, no. After dealing with it for 5 months, the person at Nissan Corporate said she didn't realize my transmission had been replaced so many times. So they bought it back. But charged me for all the miles, most of which had been the result of the dealer driving it or going back and forth to the dealer. Then I got a notice prior to the completion of the buy back (and after they had already told me what they would give me for it) that I should make a payment since the buy back wasn't final. I financed through NISSAN!!. I made the payment anyway. And sure enough, when I got my check, it was for the original amount and didn't include the payback of my payment. So they tried to pocket that. I appealed it and it took a month or so to get that back. The only people that impressed me about Infiniti were the service people, who REALLY tried. Everyone else was horrible, from the sell to the buy back.

Don't Do It!
By Kristen Sotos

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2014 QX60 after thoroughly researching all mid sizes luxury SUV's. I have always driven a Toyota so this was my first experience owning an Infiniti. The car worked beautifully for 18 months. THEN....
Car starting having start up issues on July 2015. Several times a week it would take 3-4 tries to start the vehicle. I presumed it was the battery. At that time they the dealership jump started my battery which they said was still good and told me to drive my car more often. Lol! Then several weeks later problem with starting the car returns. I hold off on bringing the car in until September when the car does not start one morning. Infiniti road service jumps my car and the dealership agrees to replace my battery. Three days later my car stalls twice while driving the car in reverse and the power steering fails while vehicle is in drive. Took the car in the next morning (Monday) and they checked it and said everything seemed fine:( LUCKILY while pulling the car back from the service garage the car stalls for the service technician. At that point I was given a loaner vehicle. During this visit they noticed that a wire was loose underneath the car. I believe it was the body control module wire that was loose. For this visit they really thought they had the problem solved and return the car to me the following day. Four days later the car stalls again while driving and does not starting on the first try. I returned it to the dealership and got a loaner for the second time. During this time they replaced the hybrid battery as well as the key remote battery and they even replaced the new battery just to make sure all batteries were new at the same time. The kept my car for 2 weeks just to be sure it was fixed before returning it to me. Four days later car takes 3 tries to start so I take it directly to the dealership and got another loaner vehicle. During this visit they have been replacing both the hybrid computer and the body control module computer. They have had my vehicle for 3 weeks. The vehicle is still not working so now they think they will replace the harness! Oh and by the way, while the vehicle was at the dealership for 3 weeks parallel parked in an unofficial parking spot in a lot that is overcrowded a delivery truck backs into my vehicle and now the side bumper needs to be replaced. Estimate for damages is 4000 K! I have never has this kind of experience with a car in my life. My first Luxury vehicle is my least reliable car ever. I have started the buy back process with Infiniti and I will do my best to warn others to not waste their time or money on these cars.

Waste of Money
By RayK

Engine has shut down 3 times now. Infiniti engineer determined that computer modules needed replaced. After I was told by Infiniti tech it was normal for CVT tranny. Issues with shifting, reverse, seat controls, passenger air bag sensor and engine temperature. Need I say more.

New Transmission on my 2014 SUV QX60 Hybrid
By qx602014owner

I can't believe how many problems this car has with only 10 months old. First the headlamp had to be replaced, next the complete headliner also replaced ($4k value) the window motor wasn't working, passenger door not opening from inside (no child lock on) and now needs new transmission [non-permissible content removed]! It's a nightmare, I also drive a 1997 jaguar xj6 that only asks for gas! Ahh! and the MPG illusion never goes above 19mpg average. Complete disappointment.
i live in NYC if anyone around has same problems, check New York Lemon Law.I may use it soon!

Brake assistant.