2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

QX60 is not for everyone
By qx60driver

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a G35 for 13 years, it took a bit to get use to QX60 Hybrid. It is perfect when you drive the wife, 2 kids and their stuff. And you still have room to offer another family to come alone. Or like me, you do not remember when was your last speeding ticket. My last one was 17 years ago. I know we need a minivan but can not imagine being seen in one. QX60 fits the bill, plus the 4WD. I enjoy seeing 26 to 29 mpg routinely with regular gas. My record is a 38.1 mpg on a short 10 mile run. Having kids changed my perspective. I no long focus on 0-60 numbers. Someday, I will have my sports car with no child seats. I also got 17 mpg when try to match my G35 experience.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

A bigger e motor and battery?

Total Sham!!!
By cbe1970

26-28 MPG? What a sham! I've had the car for 6 months, have approximately 5000 miles on it and average about 16 MPG! The car has been back over 3 times to the dealer. Each time they tell us there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. They even kept the car one day and took it on various trips on the highway, off the highway, idling in a parking lot, etc.Ö and claim that they were able to get the car up to 26 MPG. Since then, we'íve come to find out that the Hybrid does not work when the air conditioning is on. Really? I live in Florida! The air conditioning is ALWAYS on. It would have been nice if this were brought to my attention by the dealer, prior to me leasing the car.

Favorite Features

Not even worth mentioning because the MPG I'm getting takes the joy out of everything else!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a true Hybrid or pull it from the market. I'ím beyond disappointed and can't believe that I'ím stuck with this stupid car for 3 years! You can be sure that I will NEVER EVER buy or lease another Infiniti again! Don't waste your money!

The hybrid is a scam
By qx60_scam

Sticker on it was 25 City / 28 Hwy. Actual has been around 16 City / 21 Hwy, no better than the all-gas version, which is $3,000 cheaper. The fuel gauge often jumps from 1/4 tank to empty, and the display goes from ~50 miles to "---". The hybrid battery gauge has 6 bars and a charge indicator. At stops it frequently runs the engine without charging battery, even though the charge is only at 2-3 bars. The only time I've seen the battery charged over 5 bars was on a long downhill trip where it charged with regenerative braking. Had the car 3 months and didn't even know it went up to 6 bars until that trip. The dealership has been evasive and unable to address the above issues.

Favorite Features

I love the adaptive cruise, lane departure warning, front and rear collision prevention, backup cameras, and well appointed interior. All of this is available in the non-hybrid model though.

Suggested Improvements

Display accurate mileage when selling the vehicle. Fix the fuel gauge bugs. Fix the hybrid computer bugs. Train the dealerships. When I mentioned the fuel efficiency issues I had a service rep actually tell me that "most people buy the hybrid for the added power". Huh?! The hybrid has less overall horsepower than the V6 by a decent margin... and who's buying a hybrid SUV for the performance?

Built to perform
By california11

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the fully loaded QX60 Hybrid Front wheel in March 2014. I enjoy the smooth, comfortable and quiet ride. I just made it to 5000 miles. I mostly drive in a normal mode, shown by the "dot" on the dial knob.The city and highway mileage combined gives 26 MPG. For the highway, it gives up to 29 MPG. Look at the MPG bar on the center display panel and learn to drive accordingly to get better MPG. When possible, hit the brakes slowly and see how hybrid battery charges. No premium gas needed. It is not a race car, but if you want to drive that way you can (switch dial to sport mode), may not get best MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Wish to have more storage space on door compartments. Garage door / Remote link buttons not on the rear view mirror. Wish they light up to see clearly at night.

Infiniti offers horrible support
By qx60hybridscam

Bought the 2014 QX60 Hybrid AWD, $60,000. Window sticker says 25-28mpg, combined 26. I'm just over 4,000 miles. The best I've seen is 22mpg. That was fillup in Seattle, drive I-5 to Portland, turn around and straight back to Seattle. Cruise control the whole way. My regular fill ups are 18mpg. Total crap! Told service Manager at dealership I bought it from. They drove it for a week and they got 19mpg. So we have a problem, right. All the service tests they did showed the car operating optimally. So they called infiniti and we opened a case. infiniti engineer came, drove 51 miles on 1.8 gallons which equaled 28.3mpg. I said how did you do that? He couldn't tell me because it was proprietary!

Suggested Improvements

It's a passive hybrid. It does not propel the car. Only kicks into hybrid when your stopped. Fix the window sticker. It should not say 25-28mpg! The infiniti engineer, Joe Dill, would not let me ride on his 51 mile test drive, nor would he tell me how he achieved 28.33 mpg. I'm a 42 year old man, and he told me to re-evaluate my driving style. Use cruise control between stop lights, obey posted speed limits, time red lights so you don't come to stops, roll windows down under 40mph, use CC above 40mph. Basically just wiped his hands clean, and said "I don't know what to tell you." Still have never got anything close to 28mpg. The best I get around town is 18-19mpg and I drive like a grandma!