1996 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Diamond in the ruff
By Big Shel on 04/25/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 3/02 with 95k miles and it is a great car. I have a 5 speed manual and enjoy every drive I take in this vehicle. This is a smooth driving and reliable car. No problems whatsoever with this car and with proper maintence this car still runs as good as new. I have changed out the clutch in mine and the rear suspension because on was leaking but everything else is quiet as ever. Great purchase and well worth the money.

Great Car Going for 350k miles
By i30Pod People on 04/22/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Great car and very reliable. I've just passed 208,000 miles and plan on keeping this car for at least another 100k to 150k miles. Maintanence has been limited to consumbables except for the struts that I just replaced at 180k and the radiator at 190k. Brakes have lasted around 50k miles between changes. I've had everything done by an Infiniti dealer, while it may be a little more I feel that they have done a great job. Use of a loaner car for any work over 2 hrs is great. I had a transmission leak that took several days to track down. It was due to a bad seal that should have been replaced during previous service. This was fixed at no charge. The loaner car was mine for 6 days.

1996 I30t
By Steve on 12/22/05 18:59 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car. It is reliable, fun to drive and gets 30 miles to the gallon on the highway. I have a rare, manual transmission, which gives the car a sportier appeal. There are also many after market parts to improve the performance. Infiniti has provided the best service of any car I have owned, with loaner cars, car pickup for service and a great, friendly staff.

Reliable luxury, roomy, and fun.
By Randall on 08/31/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have had two '96 I-30t's. Got the first one with 45k miles on it. Five speed transmission. I drove that one to 132k miles. At one point, a transaxle pulled out of the transmission with no warning. No other problems other than a knock sensor replacement and the speedo stopped working because of something in the transmission. First car was totaled (but the car kept me safe, accident not my fault). I found another black '96 five speed 500 miles away, flew there to get it. That's how much I like this model. At 160k miles, new clutch and clutch cylinders, CD player kaput, plus the CV boots and transaxles had to be replaced. Giving this car to my daughter soon.

Excellent Car, I love Nissan in value
By Gus Tiwana on 06/08/05 06:34 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I've owned 10 cars and recently I purchased a I30, This is my second nissan. the car is so smooth, quiet and powerful. I love the bose stereo which is clear and balanced makes all my cd's come to life. My home 6.1 system doesn't sound as good. My I30 has great features like climate control and power everything which is not availble in my price range. I drove the car once and fell in love with it at the dealership. I have had oil changes and replaced the spark plugs with NGK iridiums. i get great fuel economy. It has 108k and I plan on keeping it well into the 160k range.If you want a inexpensive but lexus/acura TL quality buy a I30, for half the price you get the same car.

Awesome car or lucky purchase?
By John on 05/05/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed this vehicle since I bought it in 1999 with 32,000 miles on it. Roomy and comfortable interior. Quiet ride. Bose stereo still sounds great. I just hit 120,000 miles and everything works as well as when I bought it and the paint and finish is still clean. Regular maintenance and tune-ups at the Intfiniti dealer, which is expensive. One problem that happened two years ago; the stereo stopped working. It just went dead and I had to replace it. Had to do replace it three times. Only paid once because the replacements all failed within the twelve month warranty. That is the only problem; cost was $450.00 for the replacement radio. Answer? Awesome car (knock on wood)!

Infiniti I30
By shel on 03/23/05 12:48 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This has been a virtually trouble free car for the five years we've owned it, only one large item to fix, a bearing in the AC. We find it a pleasure to drive, with all the little luxuries we could wish for.

Won't Die!
By Shane in Shreveport on 03/17/05 14:48 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought my I30 used with 39,000 miles on it (4) years ago. Now it has over 194,000 miles on it, still going strong. I commute to work 140 miles roundtrip a day and it has not let me down yet. Needless to say it is a very reliable car. I want a new G35 Coupe but this car will not die. I have to keep it as long as it keeps going. It still looks good and runs great, especially for a (9) year old car.

Awesome Car
By CCH on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever owned. After 108,000 miles, I've only had to do routine maintenance, replace a starter and an oxygen sensor. I'm ready to buy a new I35, but am having trouble letting go!!! I've got several friends who want to purchase my car when I decide to sell. It still looks like a much newer car than most 1996 models on the road.

Sensor problems
By I30 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I love this car, but I have have had a really bad time trying to fix all the sensors that have gone bad. That said, everything else works great. My Bose stereo still sounds better than many other car steroes i've listened to, most surprisingly from newer luxury cars which have Bose!