Used 1996 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

It just keeps going
By Dutch

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought the I30T new, it now has 180,000+ trouble free miles and continues to be problem free. The only repair was a starter at 170,000 mi, just oil changes, tires & brakes, etc. I personally replaced plugs at 100k mi. When will it quit? based on current performance it should continue to run for another 50,000 -100,000 mi, maybe more. GREAT CAR!

Lack of repairs, good mileage, and good driver sedan

Road noise

Infiniti review 2008
By Lauren Fleming

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car because it is low maintenance. I feel it is safe for my 8 year old and the ride is smooth.

Leather seats and radio.

none.

Perfection!
By Mum2B

1996 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I love my car, it's absolutely wonderful! My kids have enough room in back and it's easy to get them in and out. Very reliable! Never had any trouble with it at all! Less trouble than my husbands 2000 Jeep, and it's older! All I've had to do is get regular oil changes and the car runs perfectly. I'll never buy a car that's not an Infiniti ever again!!

Just the right size. Not a huge "boat" like a Crown Victoria, but not too small either.

Center console broke loose and can't fix it without replacing it.

The Best
By tahabs

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased my first car in 1960. I have owned five other automobiles. This has been, by far, the most reliable and problem free automobile I have ever owned.

Reliability, comfort, good gas mileage. Looks good.

Several blind spots when changing lanes.

Ten years old and nearly like new.
By Tom

1996 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Ten years now, 100,000 miles, and NO breakdowns and it never left me stranded. Drivetrain still smooth & the rich torque of the V-6 engine very satisfying. Interior still sharp - no wear on leather. Design is uninspired but it holds its entry-level-luxury look with still excellent paint. Mechanically solid. No repairs to engine needed except the starter now "growls" when cold, and the idle regulator recently replaced. Fuel mileage 18-20 mpg around town, and 24-26 on the highway. Downside: Twice the sunroof has jammed and failed. Replaced under warranty first time - second time cost me $1200. Radio display now intermittant. I highly recommend this vehicle! Just watch the sunroof...

Smooth seamless engine and automatic transmission. Excellent Dealer Service - I still get a free loaner car for service after 100,000 miles and ten years - often a brand new Infiniti. This car is built to last and has had no breakdowns or excessive maintenance needs. BOSE stereo excellent!

Except for the sunroof issues, none. It was built right from the beginning.