2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best SUV I've owned

2008 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Review

2008 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

SE 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Best SUV I've owned
By coyote prosapio on

2008 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We live in the "outback" of New Mexico, a mix of bad paved roads and dirt. I've owned a 4-Runner, a Tundra, a Subaru and a mix of Detroit bummers, this small SUV is at the top of the list. We got about 27mpg in the Subaru along with a tough ride. We get a great ride in the Tundra, but truck mileage. In the Hyundai we get 30 on the highway and a Tundra ride. (and a Tundra sound system, AM/FM/CD/Cassette.) I hope this one is as long lasting as a Toyota 'cause we intend to keep it as our main ride. I've read the comments about "ungainly ride" but that isn't my experience at all. In fact this one rides as well as the Tundra which is like a limo.

Favorite Features

Ride, gas mileage, power (V-6, Auto) which outperforms our '01 Outback, comfort, good seats, room, and a quiet ride which I expect will improve once I replace the Bridgstones with Michelins.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not crazy about the exterior design, but this ugly duck gives us too many up-sides to make that "problem". The Subaru looks a lot better but the trade off of ride discomfort hardly makes that important. I could care less about "turning heads" given the pluses of this vehicle.