2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Awesome
By FuNFuN on 05/31/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Don't know about these critics of the SE version. I have over 30000 miles on mine and have had zero problems with it and I'm a very spirited driver. The six speed tranny is precision so maybe that's the problem some are having. They don't know how to drive it. All I've ever owned are manual shift sports cars. Even had a Camaro and the Tiburon SE is faster to 60 and has a faster top speed (145 with no mods at redline). Not too bad when there is over a litre of difference in the engine size. Not much more to ask for. And to those knocking the performance compared to other V6 cars, I can keep up with a Mustang GT with no problem. Just got to know when to shift, and how to drive!!!

How to get a 40k car for half that.
By Jamey on 05/08/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Been looking at a Tiburon since Hyundai came out with them. I owned a 1992 and 1994 Excel in the past. Loved the little cars... but Hyundai has moved to a whole new level with this. The car looks BEAUTIFUL. Heads turn constantly. Not much room in the back, as long as that is not important. Rear seats are for lower insurance, as they are too small & anyone over 5'6" will feel cramped. Leather interior well crafted; all controls in easy reach and well placed. Shifting is easy. Stay away from the automatic as this car is TOO much fun and is too fast. Shifting is require to get full enjoyment out of car. In fact, get the 6 speed for better gas millage on freeways.

2005 Hyundai Tiburon
By thakidb on 04/21/07 22:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful car inside and out. It's hard to believe Hyundai actually designed something this extraordinary. This car is a real head-turner. It looks so expensive and powerful, yet not many know that it is really a Hyundai. I'd have people believe it was a "baby porsche" if I wasn't so honest. More power is definitely a must, but it's one (if not the only car) in the "tuner class" with an available V6. Cars such as: Acura RSX, Honda Civic, Toyota Celica, Scion tC, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza WRX, Dodge Neon, and Cheverolet Cobalt SS all have 4 cylinders, and that's definitely something to take into consideration. Although it lacks stock performance, it probably has far more potential.

1.5 Years Later
By Peter on 01/31/07 06:37 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overally I am happy with my purchase, no major issues at all. The sunroofs a bit quirky, but works. This car is a real head turner, I changed the hyundai logos to the ones used in Korea and Australia (Tuscani) and people always now ask if its some special european car. There are not too many on the road so I frequently see people stairing at my car as I am driving, kinda funny being in a Hyundai, not really though of a sporty or exotic. I like the 6spd manual, makes the car really fun to drive but it is a gas guzzler. I think the 28mpg is only if you driver very conserativly. On the highway I say I get ~25mpg depending on how much I push the car.

When I want to go....I go
By YankeeInKY on 01/16/07 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Way fun to drive. Especially in the hills of KY & my many trips to Central NY. This baby loves the hills & hugs the road. Be prepared for others to try to race you. I have been driving (I'm 40) and had young kids try to race me. However, I know now whats up and why as when I bought this car I thought it was cute. Only when I got a flat tire was I told this is a "High Performace" vehicle. Not to mention my cousin how runs a shop asked me why I bought it and like I said to him....I missed driving a coupe and it was just plain fun to drive.

So Much for the Money!
By Paul on 01/07/07 20:04 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have owned our Tiburon SE for almost 2 years and can't believe the incrediable value of this vehicle. It is loaded with every bell and whistle and so much fun to drive. The exterior design is sleek and expensive looking.

Very Satisfied
By Christian on 10/29/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Love it. Super reliable, especially coming from a Ford. Gets tons of looks from people. Looks more expensive than it really is. Biggest complaint? Fixed mast antenna. Should be integrated into rear window.

Fun car
By TErri Douglas on 08/02/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have not had a bit of problem with it. The only people that complain are the ones that have to sit in the back. The only thing I would change is the color, I chose black and it is hard to keep clean.

The Tiburon Rocks
By Richard T. Siciliano on 07/28/06 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It looks good when I get there, and I get there as fast as I wish. What more can you say about a car? It's sporty, cool, and certainly affordable enough, not to mention fairly reasonable (about 24 mpg average) economically. I recommend it highly.

Its a Real pleasure
By Coupe on 03/19/06 23:31 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first sport car so I can't compare it to any other sport car, but I feel it needs more power. perfect handling (without a high performance suspensions and tires) The only bad thing about it that itÂ’s very difficult to find accessories and modification for the body and the engine as well