Used 2005 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Awesomeness
By KK

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Hyundai. My first car was a 1995 Accent and I totaled it in an accident. I wanted another two door and initially went to test drive an eclipse. The dealer wanted me to test drive this car and I fell in love. The ride is so smooth, it handles so well except in rain or snow when driving around curves you have to really slow down or you'll hydroplane and swerve a lot. I get a lot of compliments on this car and most people don't believe its a Hyundai. It runs so well. I've had a few probs like needing a new starter after I rear ended someone, and new transmission wires bc they were loose, but the dealer was great!

I love the cd player and trunk space. The seats are great, I love the cup holder and area under the cd player. It definitely beats my mom's Toyota in means of looks and performance.

They should come standard with remote starters like the Pontiac. This would be a great feature which would attract more buyers because the starters are aftermarket and they can't sell the car with the warranty if you have one installed and then sell it.

Underestimated at the Lights
By Bored

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Why pay 7 or 8 grand more for less was the conclusion I came to 3 years ago when I purchased my new Tiburon. At the time I was also considering the Celica and RSX which were more pricey and were 'base' models. My Hyundai is fully loaded and unlike the others, has leather, power sunroof, full power group, nice rims, dual exhaust and quite simply is very easy on the eyes. Since then, my gf has bought a new RSX Premium(9000 more) and I still say, my Tiburon is better. I have had zero problems and even if I did, Hyundai's warranty is amazing anyways. I drive it hard and it produces great performance and handling that is out of the league of other cars in its price range. Great car!!!

Exterior Styling is perfect. Engine sounds great through shifts, interior is well put together and comfortable (if your in the front). Nothing beats keeping up with a mustang GT in a Hyundai.....

Clutch is a bit pansy and car is too light. Hydroplaning seems a little too easy

Fun ride
By Jay

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was a big hater when it came to Hyundai until gas went through the roof, and then I decided to trade in my Wrangler in for the Tiburon. And I have to say it is an awesome car. The acceleration is awesome even with it being an automatic. It handles great and the interior is sweet. And if you put in an after market stereo (head unit,subs and an amp) WOW! I have two tens and an 800 watt amp and with the infinity system it is mind blowing. And the gas mileage is pretty good, around 26 mpg. All and all this is a great car.

gas mileage, acceleration, interior, sounds system

Can't complain

Fun car!
By smshpmkn

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

this has been my favorite car. its fun to drive and looks awesome. i still get people turning heads and asking what kind of car it is. the only problems i have had with it has been weather related. i live in an area with a lot of snow and cold temps and you can tell they didnt design it for this type of weather. if there is more that 4 in of snow on the ground dont go out driving you will get stuck if you have to stop but handles pretty well besides that. but i dont mind. i just take it in every winter to get the e-brake replaced for free.

sub woofer, style(low profile look of it), speakers are awsome but even better when you put in a nice head unit. and i also like the spunky quickness of it.(have beaten or kept up with many cars...s2000,mustang,camero) just gotta know how to drive

gas mileage, e-brake freezes if it gets below 32. rear wheel drive would make it even more fun to drive.

Awesome car!!
By Banana

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought my Tiburon new in 2005 and have never had a problem with it. It is Super fun to drive and speeds up really nice. Very smooth acceleration and great gas mileage. Interior design is incredible as well as exterior. This car comes equipped with tons of features and is definately worth the money. Trunk space is enormous for such a small car. My massage table fits in there perfectly. Only problem is if you have someone who is 6' in your back seat. haha.. not too comfortable. But otherwise the car is very comfortable and a great ride!

Leather/red cloth racing seats are very stylish. Incredible Infinity sound system. The warranty on this car is great. Cant beat 10 yr 100,000 mi. They really back up their vehicles. My favorite feature is the outside temp gage.

More head room for backseat passengers