2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
AMAZED!
By Baldeagle on 08/26/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2006 RT from a local Honda Dealer, with 120,000 km on it - tonneau cover too. I had been looking at them for sometime; I needed a strong, reliable, but comfortable truck or SUV to handle our cottage lifestyle. Towing boats, trailers full of work materials or ATVs, etc., but comfortable and easy to drive. Research indicated that used Ridgeline would meet all these requirements. In Billet Silver, it looks pretty sharp, although some in my family think it's the ugliest truck they've ever seen! But I love it! Two months into ownership and 2,500 extra km on the clock, it's smooth, powerful, reliable, good on gas (averaging 10.5 L/100 km or 22/23 mpg, and very comfortable.

No Rattle and Roll
By Bill on 06/11/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my Ridgeline commuting to work in all kinds of New England weather. It is very stable in snow, ice and slush. It has excellent acceleration for a truck, especially in tight spots. It's great for a homeowner because of all the space in the rear passenger compartment and the truck's bed. The dealer installed trailer hitch and towing package have worked great on some heavy loads (2 tons). My only complaints are the brakes sometimes "grab" in wet weather when first applied and the seat is not quite as comfortable as my last Volvo wagon. The truck has yet to exhibit any rattles or squeaks in 4 years of ownership. It's versatile and well built.

Open your mind and think about this truck
By boatshop on 05/10/10 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm one of those who has a lot of use for a truck, but who doesn't much like the traditional pickup arrangement. Honda did an intelligent job of rethinking the pickup and came up with something that for this user, continues to make a whole lot of sense. I've hauled a great deal with it, from wobbly old wooden boats to loads of lumber, carrying 6500 pounds at 70 mph over hundreds of miles sometimes. This truck can do the work. Meanwhile, I can keep my tools secure in the trunk, not out in an open bed. I can carry long lumber and spars on the roof rack. It's awesome on snowy, variable roads, or blasting down a dirt road at 40 mph. 87k on the first set of tires. Don't get the RT--the seats stain

Love this truck!
By amy on 11/24/08 20:57 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All the best features of a crew cab truck and a station wagon combined. Room for 4 adult passengers, dry cargo area, towing, sheet goods and lumber-friendly bed, dual action tail gate. 58,000 miles in a little over 2 years, it's been great.

Ground clearance
By Stewart Mark on 07/24/07 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the truck for highway and town driving - BUT. Gravel roads which are poorly maintained are a problem. Roads which can be driven uneventfully by Toyota and Big 3 trucks cause the Honda to scrape repeatedly and in my case a rear strut broke. Great highway vehicle but don't go too far from maintained roads.

Urban Living with a RidgeLine
By SB Ridge on 06/20/07 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2006 RT, I went with the basics as XM, leather and Nav have no place with me. So far I have really enjoyed my truck, it has done all that I asked with out complaint. I have moved heavy objects like wood flooring, bulky objects like shrubs and basic stuff like family vacations. My Ridgeline as proven itself worthy of Vermont winters and the AWD has been up to any urban task I have put before it. My Ridgeline is an urban rig, I do not tow at this moment and I am not an off road driver. My only addition to my Ridgeline was a BakFlip cover to add additional storage options and keep the winter snow out of the bed. This is a truck for people who are tired of the SUV but don't ne

Just OK
By Andy on 04/11/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A good truck to drive. Plenty of power when not pulling a load or loaded down. Mileage less than advertised. When pulling a lite trailer mileage at 65 mph dropped to 9 miles per gallon on a level road. Terrible wind noise. Has Honda heard of a wind tunnel? Temperature control/air flow instrument is ridiculous. forget trying to read it if you are farsighted. They are all clustered in a small poorly backlit gauge. Need reading glasses to see tiny icons. Same goes for for small compass in mirror. Need glasses to see direction.Lots of storage but layout is poor. Better if it had a single fold-down console. Thinking of trading it in for a Frontier.

we love it
By sharon on 02/15/07 22:50 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our ridgeline for almost a year now and we love driving it. I feel so safe in it, and the 4 wheel drive is great in our winter weather. We find it very comfortable for traveling in. We would recommend this truck for any one. We will be buying another one in 2 years at the end of our lease agreement or purchase the one we have.

My first Honda Truck
By Carr on 12/25/06 09:08 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Without a doubt my Ridgeline was the best truck I could find. I had owed six Preludes and one Passport but I love my Ridgeline too. You'll want one of these...

Great Truck
By Al on 12/18/06 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I have owned several different trucks this is by far the best built I have ever had. Great ride. Good Fuel economy. The truck in the bed is an excellent feature.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.