Used 1998 Honda Passport LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

Drive it like you stole it
By faceplant

1998 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

I bought it used. Loved the feel of the strong V6. Not strong anymore, 56k to 152k. Gaskets and seals are now a problem. It is burning a lot of oil. The car really started to act up. No idle, stalling. Cleaned carbon out of the throttle body, replaced the MassAirSensor. Fuel gauge broke. Driver's window broke. Rear door key broke. I put the largest tires I could on it for a better ride. Feels good. AC is always perfect. Water pump, alternator, fan pulley all replaced. Installed electric fan with thermostatic switch. I really feel I've got all I can out of this car and it still runs OK. Auto auctions love these cars because they sell great in S. America.

Driving over small brush in the parks. It's an SUV! Drives great. New, it had good power. Love the wind up on the power band in the standard tranny.

I'm 6'1'' and 200 lbs. The seats are not supported of my average weight, especially under the knees. I can't put the seat back far enough so I compensate by raking the seat backwards.

Great
By Shellbe

1998 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

Its just absolutly fun.Also fits alot of people in it. I recomend it to anyone who loves to be with friends.

the gas milage

it could come up to date on how it shaped ....(less square looking)