2012 Honda Civic Consumer Review: So Happy I Didn't Listen to th

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

So Happy I Didn't Listen to the Reviews
By tejai on

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my last Civic used--I was the 4th owner....she was a 2004 EX Coupe. Due to mechanical issues I was forced to trade her off about 2 years before I wanted to. I had read the reviews on the 2012 Civic and I was leary...so I test drove three Toyotas, a Subaru, two Mazdas a Ford and a CR-V, Accord and a Fit. Still undecided, I decided to drive a Civic. Thank goodness I make my own decisions and don't listen to everyone else..... I knew before I hit the interstate I was going to buy it. It is somewhat noisy--but nothing like my 2004. The ride is way smoother and it's a fun car to maneuver through town. I have no regrets at all--very happy with my purchase. This is my 6th Honda.

I like the mostly hard plastic interior. I have a 1997 CR-V with the same hard plastic--so I know from experience that it will look great and hold up 10-15 years from now. I have horses and drive "dirty" most of the time. I no longer have to clean all the fabric--a quick wipe down does the trick. The gas mileage is fantastic--I do even better when I have the Econ Assist on. I love the dash board and the interactive menus. Also--the ride down the highway is smooth. I have kept all of my Honda's beyond 100,000 miles. I have no doubts that I will have this one beyond that.

It would be nice to have more cup holders in the LX.