2010 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Brand New Honda Civic LX

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Brand New Honda Civic LX
By Greg Fletcher on

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 10' Civic LX and love it so far. Previous car was a Nissan Sentra which was a nice little car but not close to this Civic. Test drove the Chevy Cruze and Malibu, Ford Fiesta and Fusion, Nissan Sentra and Altima but the only car that was even close was the Cruze which was $2000 more than I got the Civic for. Civic has tons more room in the back seat than my previous Sentra or new Cruze which my kids noticed immediately. Not noticing the loud engine at all talked about in previous reviews. Pretty slow off the line but I didn't buy the car for speed. The Cruze definitely had a more stylish interior and features (bluetooth) and much "cooler" dashboard.

Favorite Features

I like the digital speedometer close to the line of sight. Gorgeous styling outside and lots of room in the back seat for the kiddos. The price was right too and was actually cheaper than the other manufacturers comparable vehicles. Great vehicle for the money. Cruises nice at 70+

Suggested Improvements

BLUETOOTH! Remote truck opener and back seat drink holders for the kiddos. The "base" stereo in the LX is a lot less desirable than other stereos I heard. Just got the vehicle and have not noticed the hand brake in the way but it is in a weird spot.