Love It!
By PeakLover on
2009 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)
I recently traded in my 2001 Yukon XL Denali (which I really enjoyed) for a 2009, because I wanted the latest safety features (side air bags, stability control, and digital OnStar). This Denali is well-made (thanks, American auto-workers!) and has many new features (such as rain- sensing blades). Yes, I know it doesn't get the politically-correct mileage (14 in town/17 highway) but at least now I've consolidated down to only one vehicle. I bought now because I assume the now-Government owned GM would force fuel-savings changes into the design that consumers don't want (e.g., no more spare tires).
Favorite Features
Full-size spare tire. Captain chair seating w/ large luggage area; great for family trips. Heated seats get hotter; A/C seats are wonderful. Chocolate brown dash/trim. The NHTSA- mandated active forward-tilted headrests are more tolerable than 90% of other models. Autoride suspension. Better leather
Suggested Improvements
Miss my dual sun-visor. Compass, outside temp, average mpg moved to dashboard, missing instant mileage-- cost savings not worth loss of info to passengers. Cameo int color too yellow, black too hot (taupe and charcoal would be better). Too much exterior chrome bling. Ugly taillights.