Used 2009 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Cream Puff Cocoon meets American Tank
By All American Muscle

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

How could something so heavy duty and solid be so quiet and soft. I nicknamed my Taurus the silver cloud, because it is light as air floating silently down the highway and yet built so solid it feels like it weighs 10,000 pounds. Power is adequate, powerband gives you the power on time and when you need it. Basic stereo, seats and interior are highest quality equipment I have ever seen on a standard model of a car. The car is the luxury buy of the century. The space inside the interior makes you feel like you never left the comfort of your home. Tall friends, small friends, all friends, remark of the comfort, silent interior, smooth ride. Import owner friends are confused and mystified

Ride, Quiet, Trunk, Fuel Economy, Motor, Transmission, Stereo, Paint, Glass, and Seats are all 10/10. You really can't ask for or get more for 26,000 dollars. This car is a gem. The best gas mileage I got so far was 30, the worst 19! All on 87 Octane.

You have no choice but to hold steering wheel with 2 hands, reminds me of my 1969 Lincoln, effortless to a fault. Air conditioning registers are limited in angles of adjustment, what I loved about the 2008 Mustang was the infinite adjustment with the vents, you can't do that with the Taurus. Hepa?

Great Car for the Money
By Ed

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I needed space for the car seat for my new baby so I was looking for a mid to full size sedan. I actually purchased a Ford Fusion, but when I got home, I noticed that the space for the baby car seat was not adequate. So I went to the dealer and changed that vehicle for the Ford Taurus, and I am pleased that I did so. I looked also at the Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300 and Hyundai Sonata. But none of them come close to the Taurus in terms of the combination of interior room, price, reliability and options.

Interior Space. Trunk size. Fuel Economy. Safety Ratings. Price.

Ford should add more air bags to compete face to face with the Hyundai Sonata. Daytime running lamps should be standard.