Used 2007 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

My second Taurus
By Taurus2

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 Taurus with 72,000 miles. I like my Taurus. Smooth comfortable ride. Roomy inside with high ceiling. Good gas mileage. Beautiful leather interior. Only problem is the radio. Lots of AM static. Dealership cannot figure out problem. My first Taurus had a better stereo system. My 1st Taurus, a 2000, had 209,000 miles when I sold it. Both of my Taurus' are very reliable vehicles.

Favorite Features

The decent gas mileage. The comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. Radio controls on steering wheel.

A Very Good Car!
By Ford Buyer

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus on Oct of 08 with 31000 miles on it. I'm very happy with it. Its been very reliable and never lets me down. Very comfortable to ride in lots of power to out drive others if you use premium gas and keep the fuel system clean. I Average 22 on highways and 18 in City. Maintenance is very important for this car so keep everything updated. Tons of cargo space love the color of the exterior its gold ass metallic with Medium Pebble interior . I will recommend this car to friends and family.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. Not very good OEM tire.

Can't beat the price
By seanPA

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with factory warranty at 27k. Only issue was at belt replacement the dealer couldn't get it on right and it kept squeaking ok now though. I drive about 1k a week and it hasn't let me down. Now at just over 100k I have to say for 11 grand its the best value i have ever seen.

Favorite Features

Reliable

Suggested Improvements

Looks are a little outdated

I luv my Ford
By Bluebell

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This model starts up every time. Enjoyed driving it Winter of 2010. Good gas mileage. I keep up with the maintenance schedule. It runs smooth up to 80 mph with no shaking or trembling.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats, sunroof, comfort, spacey trunk and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Jazz up the front like the rear. The design of the front is a little weak. The side view of the car is nice though.

Won't Start Sometimes - Why???
By MichiganDriver

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked my '07 Taurus for the first 9 months I owned it. I purchased it in Feb. '09 with 35,000 miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty also. During November '09 through now (Feb. '10) I have had issues with the car just not wanting to start! You can clearly hear it trying to start, but it just won't catch. In fear of it "flooding", I remove the key and wait a couple minutes before trying again. It seems to take 2-3 tries before starting properly. The dealership cannot figure out the problem since it does eventually start. This started to happen about once every other week but now about once a week. Hate the idea of possibly being stranded one day.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to find out how to fix the "starting" issue. Even has the dealership scratching their heads.