Used 2007 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Still The Best Deal on the Lot
By flin1

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SE for a year or so now and it's still the best value of any used car I found. It's funny that the editors or Edmunds rate this car low 'cause it doesn't handle like a BMW or Acura but it starts, gets pretty good mileage, has pretty good acceleration, has a lot of room, good safety rating, kinda cool looking, American made, cheap parts that are easy to find, good visibility and head room, comfortable on the road. Sure it's not exciting or flashy but it's very easy to live with and does it's job very well. Remember your last high school reunion when you saw that girl you had a crush on and she was fat and divorced three times? SE is that smart plain girl you married.

Reliability, room, cost to buy, American made.

Maybe better interior materials, but that would make it cost more, wouldn't it.

You Won't Be Disappointed.
By WhiteTaurus

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Skeptical of this car at first, I've come to love it. Nearly 70k miles, and this car has never been to a mechanic for any major repair. A very reliable vehicle, with only one strange moment when the engine stalled at a stoplight. Ford's Vulcan V6 makes 155 hp, and has been surprisingly quick when I pushed it. Fuel economy can be as high as 32 mpg on the highway, with an average of 24 mpg in the city. Ride comfort is decent. Interior is comfortable, with well designed instrument panels and easy-to- clean upholstery. Stereo is good, but the ability to install an MP3 player connection would make it great. Exterior styling is a little bland, but it's grown on me.

Overall Reliability, High MPGs, Interior Comfort, Precise Steering, Sunroof, Clean Exterior Styling, Easy to Maintain, Low Insurance Cost

Needs MP3 player connection. Would be great with 20 more HP. Leather-wrapped steering wheel would prevent obvious signs of wear.

First thoughts since buying a used SEL
By Pete

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1998 Mercury Sable GS, which I bought 3rd owner, for $1000, and lasted 4 years, had to go bye-bye. It was BEAT! but the engine and tranny were excellent. So what do I get my wife now?? We happily found a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, sure it has 73G miles, but it runs and looks excellent. 2nd owner, was an old fellas car, did a lot of trips. Black exterior, Tan leather interior, all options I can see, power everything, sunroof, 6CD changer. And after a couple of trips we are averaging 31 MPG out on the Highway! WOW! Doesn't matter if windows and sunroof open or AC is on, same mileage. Ride is terrific for us. Nice seating. Roomy (I am 6-2 260!). Smooth at a Cruise locked 55 MPH. Quiet.

The Sunroof!! 6 CD changer. Display features. Seats are very comfortable. For a "Fleet Car" I say this holds a candle to no one. We are a Family that is looking for a reliable Family Vehicle to get from Point A to B, and is affordable to by and maintain. This car does that. Easily Serviced.

Make Motorcraft oil either Full Synthetic, or Full Conventional. I Use Quaker State 5w20 Full Synthetic and the MC 400S filter, I also added K&N air filter. The interior gasket for sunroof needs to be secured better. Maybe a better way to make access panel for Sunroof motor. Otherwise, Good job.

Good, Basic Vehicle
By TaurusSaurus

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in early 2007, with 20k miles. Have driven it heavily for 3+ yrs and have had one issue, clogged windshield wiper fluid pump (~$20 @ Auto Zone). Despite claiming to only have 153HP it performs much better, quick acceleration, good stopping power, smooth shifting, etc. A good, BASIC car for every day driving - ton of room for people/cargo, decent gas mileage, quick cooling ac, quick to heat in winter, cheap parts, and easy ability to perform your own maintenance. At 70k I've put on new tires and brakes, a new serpentine belt (15 min job if you know what you're doing), & stay up to date with oil changes/other maintenance. Good car, and a lot cheaper than equivalent.

Space, cheap parts, cheap basic maintenance costs (brakes, tires,etc). Pay less than competitors. No it doesn't have that great of resale value, but you pay a lot less up front, so it evens out. Plus, you shouldn't buy a car for resale purposes, you buy it to own and drive.

Upgrade interior -- cheap paint on trim, basic dashboard design could use an updating. Don't take through a car wash, you'll see the 'swirl' effect in your car's paint right off the bat.

My second Taurus
By Taurus2

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 Taurus with 72,000 miles. I like my Taurus. Smooth comfortable ride. Roomy inside with high ceiling. Good gas mileage. Beautiful leather interior. Only problem is the radio. Lots of AM static. Dealership cannot figure out problem. My first Taurus had a better stereo system. My 1st Taurus, a 2000, had 209,000 miles when I sold it. Both of my Taurus' are very reliable vehicles.

The decent gas mileage. The comfortable ride.

Telescoping steering wheel. Radio controls on steering wheel.

• SUV