2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Transmission questionable.
By Dave on 12/03/08 00:17 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In Dec of 07 I purchased a used 2007 Ford Taurus from a Ford dealer. In Dec. of 08 the transmission went and the dealer tells me the warranty has expired. 2 years old & 44,000 mi and I have to pay for a new tranny. My mechanic tells me that the factory tranny in this car is not good. Either way I suggest the extended warranty.

All around great car.
By LA BOY on 10/30/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car reminds me some of the 1991 Ford Thunderbird just more style. It drives great. Rides well. Very comfortable. Great look. I couldn't ask for anything better. I am very happy with my car. I think my favorte thing about it is the fact is large and fancy looking, for a large family car I feel it has a lot of style. And charm.

Great Car For The Money!
By Mike on 10/29/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an all round great car that you can enjoy for a great price. I bought mine nearly new for $12,000. I get almost 30 MPG on the highway and about 19 MPG in the city, not bad for a fairly large car. I have driven the Ford Taurus for many years as a rental car and have always been impressed by both its comfort and dependability. The car goes great in the snow. This is a perfect family or work car if you are not hung up on the latest styles.

Ugly, but still bought it!
By ChevyGirl on 10/20/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've always owned Chevrolets, Hondas, or Toyotas. However, we bought our Taurus because it was practical. It seats five or six, the kids have plenty of room, and it has a decent motor size. I love the interior and how it looks inside, but I hate how it looks on the outside. Despite it's beautiful color, it still reminds me of a flat tire. It gets 30 mpg, but only 22 mpg if you like breaking the speed limit. It will eventually grow on me, but I just hate how ugly it is. When I'm in it, I love it-just don't make me look ate it!

Not too satisfied
By camjam on 09/13/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a Buick Regal. This 07 Taurus the worst handling car I have ever owned. It drives horribly. Terrible understeer. Transmission is a real dog. Shifts are delayed either slowing down or speeding up. Yes I know it is an automatic but this transmission is bad. My 83 Escort drove and handled better than this 07.

Good Car thus Far
By Jon on 08/31/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife has a 2002 Taurus and loved it. We traded it for a vehicle for my business. We had an opportunity to get another one and we love it thus far. I'm sad to see this body style go. (Whatever happened to the customer always being right?) We really like the leather interior. Easy to cleanup with small kids. Lots of room in the rear seats.

Great Ford car!
By Dave on 07/31/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of its low price, great warranty and looks. It has the alloy rims, spoiler, console option and power seat. Maroon color is nice and everyone loves it. Drives like an expensive car. It had 30k. Seat could use some lumbar support, after long drives my back hurts. I traded in my 2005 Chevy Malibu for the Taurus, no regrets so far!

2007 Ford Taurus SE
By Tony on 06/01/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car and traded my 98 Neon and I love it! It gets almost the same gas mileage the Neon did and has more hp.

Solid and Economical
By inteliquest on 04/28/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I once owned a Taurus back in 1983 and it was crap! But one look at my 2007 SEL model and I really liked it. I drive it every chance I get and commute in it. It is quiet, smooth and gets 30 mpg highway! I like the interior as it is comfortable and semi luxurous. Sound system is really good (mach) version and performance is real good for this size of car. I hope to get lots of miles out of this car and after a few tweaks it should be a real nice ride. Oh and best of all it only cost 11,200 now that is smokin

More than You'd Expect
By Bob on 03/26/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

There are enough bells and whistles for convenience. Too bad there's only 153hp under the hood! Rides great on smooth highways -- jittery on any thing less or in heavy crosswinds. Handles OK but somewhat ponderous for parking and around town. Huge trunk. Comfortable seats. Too soon to know real world mileage but the computer says 28 highway about 26.5 in town.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.