2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford replace GM - mistake
By 8thstbridge on 04/13/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Whistle noise from drivers side doors; worst gas mileage of any car I have owned *including a '67 GTO! 46K - just replaced STARTER. Water on floor mats; someone else had same problem - factory MISSED a windshield seal & dealer just over stuffed with silicone sealant. Poor side door design, R Side Passenger window regulator failure already and when going through drive throughs and any winter driving or in rain, when you put the window down - all the rain etc. comes in on power buttons at armrest. Windshield washer hoses to spray heads have both cracked and had to be replaced....

COMFORT, FUEL, SNOW, CRASH
By aardvark on 01/19/10 19:04 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I found it to be a very comfortable car,I'm 5 ft and could see well out back when reversing. I found it a little scary going on ramps on highways, at the posted speed, felt like car wanted to overturn. Bad gas consumption, 12-13 miles per gallon in town between 13-20 at best on highway. Car skidded very easily on snow. It had great tires, so I think car was just light in back. Had a horrific wreck and survived and I believe it was because car was built well and I wore my seatbelt. But I am thinking of buying another Taurus. I did love my car.

Functional Vehicle
By ottem82 on 01/12/10 18:37 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great point A to point B vehicle. There is nothing exciting or flashy about it, at the same time it is comfortable, gets decent mileage, and is quite reliable. I bought it with 108000 on it and currently have 146000. I change the oil, put gas in it and drive it. Mileage in everyday driving is 21-25. On the highway driving 80 with the AC on 27-29. Overall it was cheap to purchase and easy to own. If the transmission holds up I'm hoping to run it past 200000.

Pretty good
By Trex on 12/21/09 07:28 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car off a Ford dealer in 2006 with 25K miles for $10K. It needed tires about 2 years ago and I put on the expensive Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads. This team of tires and vehicle has been the best traction I have ever had in a 2 WD car. I began using it as a courier vehicle part time in 2008, putting on average 40K miles a year. Just went past 125K with only one $150 repair, and oil changes. Feels like I will break 200K getting 25-26 mpg highway and 19-22 city. I gave a little up on mpg for superior traction in all weather with these great tires. It's great to pass a stuck 4 WD car in the snow. May be the best car so far.

Decent student car for the money
By SDLA on 11/30/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car overall. The body construction is solid, and it has comfortable seats. This is a great student car for the money; just boring to drive and look at.

Loyal Ford Customer
By wendy harbach on 08/09/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned fords all of my life so when I was looking for a mid size car I fell in love with the taurus. I had it for about 3 weeks when the air conditioning unit went out. Then the breaks and finally the alternator. The vehicle only had 36000 when I purchased it. Since those wonderful days things have only gotten worse. Now the car dies for no reason as I drive it. The breaks have been replace 3 times and The air conditioner doesn't work again. This car has really let me down. I don't think I will ever own another taurus. Just watch it this model seems to have alot of problems. When the repair man saw me coming in he laughed and said whats wrong with this one. Not good!!!!

Reliable car
By Nicos on 06/18/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus new for $17,000 out the door. I put 120,000 miles on it by the time I sold it in Feb 2009. The car was great, comfortable and had good accelaration at higher sppeds. The only problem I had after the warranty expired was I had to replace the bushing between the transmission and engine. Otherwise it was 100% reliable.

Great for long drives
By Pat on 03/29/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Taurus because it was a reliable used car. It is a good car so far. The longer I own it the more I like it. It is a big comfortable car with very good gas mileage. I get 29 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 22 mpg. Last winter I had a problem with water leaking into the passenger floor. It turned out to be shoddy workmanship from the factory. This is a good car but Ford needs to keep improving on reliability. They are catching up with the Japanese and I think they can surpass them if they choose to do so.

My Third Taurus
By kimbah on 02/15/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my third Taurus for just shy of 5 years and I love it. Bought it brand new. I have 80,000 miles on it and have only replaced tires at 60k miles; no other repairs. Still has original brakes which I consistently have checked and they're still good. Now that's amazing!

A very good car
By Doug on 02/10/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Currently have 175,000 miles and have had no problems. Replaced the tires and battery. I have not even needed brakes. 29mpg on the highway. I hope I can drive this car 400K.