1995 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Always runs, but always has many problems
By rambo76098 on 12/29/04 22:06 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car which I bought with 112,000 miles on it, has about 119,000 in 5 months and since then I had to flush all fluids, change stereo, previous owner blew all speakers, new exhaust, master cyllinder and brake booster. Car now needs complete rear brake system overhaul, a radiator, door seals, plugs and wires, headlight covers (sun damaged plastic), a door lock motor, headlight and seatbelt dinger, a battery, tires, and soon will need rotors and pads in front as well as alternator, fuel, water and power steering pump acting up. Car has always started but does not ever function right. Gas mileage is horrible.

This was my baby
By sheesha on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Ford Taurus very slightly used in 1995, from a rental car agency. I was 19, and this car was awesome. Lots of power under the hood, all the nice power features, roomy for friends, and a nice size trunk. It's now 2004, I'm 28, and ready for a change. This car has been extremely reliable, until this year. Before now, I never ran into any problems, and I got my money's worth at $10,000, 9 years ago. This year I've put at least $1200 in brakes, new radiator, and a battery. Not bad, since it's only needed minor work a few times in the past. I think it would be a reliable used car for others, and could last quite a bit longer.

loved until recently
By pdl2 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

bought used in 97 with 36k on it. currently 144k. until recently I loved it. the speedometer went out around 50k...works up to around 65mph. no problems till 2002 fuel pump went out. however just replaced radiator, individual window switches went out several months ago...and when it shifts into second gear...sometimes I hear a scraping sound. I had hoped with it's performance initially it would last longer....as Im startign to look for another car now. Hoping to get it traded in before transmission goes out. I would still buy another if I could find low mileagle. love the 3.0 engine though I have a rear seal that is leaking

Great first car
By drewdog on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought one privately for my last year of college (w/ 68k mi). Previous owner left some mods on it that probably helped out performance. Only had to replace fan belt during the 2 semesters, then had to replace break pads a year later. Other than that, no major problems. Handles great, excellent mileage (used to get like 30 mpg on long trips), lots of space (passenger and trunk), lots of power for only 145 ponies. bottom line: Excellent first car, but look elsewhere if you're settled and can afford it....

Nothing Fancy, Gets The Job Done
By SteelersFANinMA on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought used in 1996 with 60k/mi., 8 yrs. later it has 196,500mi. & burns no oil. Other than regular maintenance this car NEVER failed me until the summer of 2003. I then had to replace the ORIGINAL battery, starter, muffler, A/C unit, CCRM module and most recently the oil pan. At this point the car could use some new struts and the odometer recently started to float, but stays near the actual mph. Since the car has been paid off for a few years I'd say the cost of upkeep is still cheaper than having a car payment. Overall I would say that this is a highly reliable and easy to maintain vehicle that I would recommend to anyone.

Great Vehicle
By smurph on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This has proved to bea great vehicle for me. It's large enough to fit 6 adults comfortably. Has a very Large trunk for big shopping trips..lol... I have been driving it for 8+years now, and it has served me well. I got a great vehicle for a great price. I would definately recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Better than expected.
By mrdetailer on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This vehicle with the 3.0 vulcan engine is smooth, quiet and has good power. If midgrade is used at my altitude, it gets good gas mileage. Engine consumes almost no oil.

This is great
By street king 17 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a little while and i still like it my buddy just bought a new nissan truck and he hates it....I think the 3.0 in this car with 93000 miles has more power than his truck.I really like how comfortable the inside is....it's much better than the cavilier i used to drive

1995 Ford Taurus GL
By jfreier on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Probably the worst car I've owned. Radiator went out, electric fan motor went out, transmission feels funny and makes a huge jolt when going from park to reverse/drive. I would not recommend this front-wheel drive car to anyone. Do yourself a favor... buy a Crown Victoria or Chev Lumina.

Watch the trans
By Packers00646 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Very expensive parts when they need to be replaced, A rebuilt Trans is about $2,000.00.