1995 Taurus LX Wagon
By Stape on
1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon
There have been a few reliabilty issues including two alternators, the air conditioning compressor and the radiator. The motor does not burn a drop of oil. I have seen a lot of bad press on the transmission so, I am getting nervous. The ABS system performs flawlessly. I like the fact that it also has rear disc brakes (an option on the sedan). There was a problem with a plugged catalytic convertor at 50,000 miles, but Ford of Canada covered half the cost. I replaced the struts and shocks at 80,000 miles to improve the ride. The 3.0 liter is the better choice than the 3.8. Better fuel economy and better reliability.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling. Utility. ABS brakes. The car also has solid rust resistance. It is well balanced for winter driving especially with dedicated snow tires. The dual air bags are great. The tuner on the radio is very nice and the range for FM reception is very good.
Suggested Improvements
Increased reliabilty of accessories. It needs better speakers. The ignition key lock wore out requiring replacment. The door closing bolt (mounted on the door pillar) mysteriously loosened. I check the the bolt and when necessary tighten it with an allen key.