Used 2014 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car!
By mp3aa

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first Mustang was a 1984 GT. Wow, they sure have come a long way in 30 years. My '84 had 200-225 HP and a carburetor. This has a 6 cyl. automatic and 305 HP! While this won't rule the drag strip, it has plenty of power. Interior is equipped nicely and is very comfortable for my 5' 11" frame. SYNC is handy, radio sounds nice, auto up and down windows are cool. Reaching behind me for the seat belt would be my only complaint. Leather wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. Switching from comfort, standard and sport steering is a nice touch. Sport gives you a great feel for the road. The optional thumb shifter for sport I find unnecessary, but time will tell.

Favorite Features

Car rolls effortlessly. HID headlamps really light up the road. LED lighting is killer. Auto-dimming rear view mirror. Fold down rear seats. Auto headlamps. Side view mirrors with the additional fish-eye mirrors on them give you greater view. No blind spots. 4 wheel disc brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Increase rear seat leg room somehow. Larger glove box. Should come standard with alarm.

2014 Black on Black
By hazard1

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my favorite Ford car yet. I got a great deal on it and used the savings to add fog lights, black wheels, and quarter-window louvers. Even with the V6 and 2.73 rear end, the acceleration is unbelievable. It is not real fast until it hits high rpm's, so off the line it is not winning any races, but soon afterwards it will throw you back in your seat. The select shift is useless unless you shift at higher rpm's. In the low rpm range (under 2000), it will say you shifted on the dash, but it is lying. I love the layout of everything, especially the dash. The overall interior and exterior are beautiful, even in the base trim. As for mpg's, I averaged 29.8 in the first 6 months.

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage (29.8 average, mostly highway), awesome looks inside and out, great acceleration (in sport mode), plenty of room in the front (I am 6'4" and have room to spare), great traction, spectacular HID headlights, and a great price.

Suggested Improvements

Even with the traction control and stability control off, the car will not spin out. The computer is programmed to not allow burnouts. That saves me money but is a bit disappointing. Additionally, the select shift does not override the computer's shift points in low rpm's. Also, one must close the trunk rather hard for it to latch.

Not bad
By crow_5

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 2014 mustang it's my first brand new car as I'm only 17. I love it. It drives well and handles great. Not to amazed by the interior. Looks cheap. Also had a squealing noise in the the transmission well I think that's where it's coming from. It gets louder in reverse and drive. But over all I love the car. Not to happy about the stock wheels Ford hands out the car. I know it's a base v6 but cmon it's a mustang. I'm purchasing new wheels for it soon anyway. It's an automatic, there was no choice for automatc v6.

Favorite Features

The sequential tailights and the day time running lights. I love my sync as well.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior. Better stock wheels.

Friends don't let Friends buy a Ford
By trebmann

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a new Mustang and already back for repairs. Needs New lower control arms and bushings. Noises coming from drive tran. Missing pieces that were left off. Costly junk..I ll never buy Ford again.. Corporate office of Ford is rude and could care less if they made junk. Local dealer not much better.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything.

2014 Mustang GT/CS
By sporttracz

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I got a new 2014 Mustang GT/CS with the 6-speed manual transmission. The power of this car is amazing. I got the navigation package with the heated mirrors and pony lamps on it. If I keep my foot out of it, the gas mileage is not bad. I have been getting 23-24 in mixed driving and 25.5 when not having to run the AC. The car rides much better than expected. Driving it 4 hours for a trip to the beach was every bit as comfortable as riding in my wife's Honda Accord. I like the retro look of the 2014 better than the more modern look of the new 2015. Ford did a great job in the design of the 2014.

Favorite Features

The power of this car and the navigation system are awesome! The stereo has plenty of power. It actually makes my other cars stereo sound pretty bland.

Suggested Improvements

Replace any halogen lights with LED. I replaced mine with HID to match the headlights and still give off enough light.