2011 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80 on 11/09/12 09:20 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway. Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

Pleasantly surprised with this new 3.7L Mustang
By sc_kona_blue on 06/01/11 08:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first domestic sports car purchase. So I had high expectations. I of course bought it with the Performance Package! I have been extremely happy with the performance, handling, and reliability of this car. I have added a ProCharger supercharger and a full exhaust. Its now making over 500 HP. I was the first 3.7L mustang to hit the 12's in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a V6. I still get 21MPG in the city. I gave it a 4 for the interior. The seats are made for a guy who is about 5'10" and 200lbs. I am 5'8" and 160. Its a bit large for me. Also there is no dead pedal. There is a great forum specifically for this car at v6mustangperformance dot com if you want to learn more about it.

Fun to Drive
By discopsk on 01/18/11 15:18 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my 98 V6 for this Race red V6 Premium with Auto, Pony and Comfort packages. First impression was there is NO STORAGE. No place to put sunglasses, loose change, etc. I love the MyColor. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the transmission is very smooth. Second tank of gas I got 29 mpg in mixed driving. 1 mpg better than my 98 with double the horsepower and an auto instead of manual tranny. Great job Ford! The Shaker radio sounds great. And I love the retro style which is very reminiscent of my 65 pony. Reliability remains to be seen, but if this car is as good as my 98, I'm a happy camper.

Very fast for a V6
By Ralph on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive. The SYNC is my favorite option that comes with the Premium Package. I bought a Race Red coupe with pony pack and 3:31 rear end. The rear end may be too much for this car as I get kickback when I come to a light. It's kind of like a thrust from the rear end. I had Ford check it out but I'm bringing it back for another look. The SYNC USB port is awesome as I have hundreds of CD's and I downloaded them from Windows Media Player. It's really cool that you can dictate what you want to hear. The hands off phone is another great quality of the SYNC.

Forget what you know about all mustangs!
By mastercheif11 on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is by far the best v6 mustang ever, I have owned mustangs since my first car back in 95 which ran for nearly ten years and died with 260k miles, then went to the 07 v6 which was cool but still lacked performance in a big way. The new v6 is completely different, from styling to handling to perfromance it's absolutely incredible. I've owned the car 5 months and I'm still pushing the perfromance limits trying to find an area where the mustang is lacking, to date the only negative driving experience I've encountered is having no room drinks in the cup holders (on a manual) and a little bit of nose bob at high speeds.

Big Improvement
By ibtd on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 and this is a whole different car. Performance and handling are excellent and gas mileage, considering performance, is excellent too. With 4000 miles on it now I average 20.5 locally and 30 highway (manual transmission). I also have the MCA package, heated seats, and rear view camera (surprisingly convenient). One thing I would change would be to get the 3.31 axle. With the standard gearing it isn't turning high enough rpm to easily maintain speed on hills in 6th gear and legal highway speeds. 6th is pretty useless below 70 mph.

V6 6 speed Auto Premium in Race Red
By Ralph Lugo on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The 2011 model Mustang is a very tight ride with a quick engine and transmission. I have the upgraded 3.31 rear end which took about 1100 miles to break in. I will forewarn anyone to be extra careful during this break-in period as the car will thrust forward after a slight delay from the gas pedal. I have the pony package and premium model. The SYNC voice activated system is without question my biggest surprise and I highly recommend this option. I'm still learning the intricacies of it but the hands off phone is awesome. Look these cars over and you might decide to order one the way you want it.

High quality, fun to drive
By S. Karnik on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am really enjoying my new 2011 Mustang. Have had it for 2 weeks only, but inside it's very roomy, engine sounds great, fun to drive, and really flies on the highway. Comfortable on extended drives. Great interior quality, strong engine, American manufacturing at its best. Get premium, be patient and find one w/ saddle leather interior, it's the nicest. Best car at this price. American made. Buy a 2011 Ford Mustang.

Love this car
By jim gibson on 08/25/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I drive it I get 29 mpg. Wife only gets 24-25-mpg. If you are 6'2" with long legs there is not enough room for you. Other than that it's fine.

Karma's what I named her
By karma on 08/23/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am absolutely in love with my Stang. I got the v6 Premium and the upgrades are definitely worth it. Kona blue with white racing stripes is so sharp. Handles corners with ease, sounds great, the comfort is there. My friends fight over who gets to sit in the back. Definitely looking forward to modifying it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$152 per month*