Used 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

Get the V8. Heated Seats are great. Stereo is awesome. Love the california special package! The new V8 "coyote engine" is absolutely beautiful. The ability to change the color of dash and sill plate lighting and accent lights to any color is really cool.

Don't change a thing. You should put this engine in everything ford makes.

My First Hotrod
By bughunt

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Loaded (all I didn't get was the glass roof, HID headlights, and gaudy louvers and scoops) with a 3.55 rear diff, I've had this car for just over a year and no complaints. I've never had a "fast car" let alone muscle car before so, performance wise, it's like I'm driving a superhero (well mannered, but capable of things that put - and leave - a smile on your face that stays all day). I've heard a lot of talk on the tranny, but I've had no problems at 6500mi (2nd car and don't drive a lot). Took a pro-driving class and was amazed. She cornered as if on rails as they say. Rated at 16/25mpg City/Hwy, I see 14/22 in WA which puts additives in the gas.

Performance is great, but I cannot get over the gadgets! SYNC lets you do nearly everything by voice command (remembering all possible commands is the hard part). Love that my car has a 10Gb HDD, plays DVDs, music on my phone, and lets me control my iPod completely from the car's touch screen. How did we live before heated seats? And backup cameras!? When I get down to 50mi left in the tank, a soft tone sounds and my map displays all the nearby gas stations. Both HD and satellite radios are too much to listen to (but will be great on road trips). Oh, almost forgot, looks of both fear and envy from other drivers...priceless.

Hate the center console - sits too high, which makes shifting a little awkward. Cannot simply copy MP3 song files to the HD (even though it recognizes jump drives and plays mp3 disks). You can only rip from a CD...yeah, stunningly stupid. Now, with iPod connectivity, HD and Sat radio you may say so what. Well, the radio is the radio and sometimes they just don't play what you want to hear. And the iPod takes 5min to index 4500+ songs, so it's only used on long trips, so I need music on the harddrive. It took over 2-months to put 2500 songs on my HD (ripping songs to and from work, creating CDs, etc.) And summer tires mean always watching the temp. Oh, and no spare with Brembo package!

Stang Number Three
By mustangsd

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My new 2011 5.0 Mustang Premium is our third Mustang and the best yet. We owned a 1969 and now own a 2008 CS/GT and 2011 5.0. Great car and would highly recommend.

Excellent car that met my primary needs: American made sports car; Powerful engine with reasonable MPG; RWD; Automatic trans; Reasonable MPG; Great handling; Quiet interior with excellent bluetooth; No rattles; Terrific styling; More comfortable seats and more trunk space than the car I traded; Ambient lighting can be turned off (love that feature because i don't like interior ambient lights.)

Minor issues: SYNCH could be easier to program; Carpet quality could be better / more durable; Trunk should be carpeted rather than the cheap fabric they use; Premium should come standard with polished 19" wheels rather than painted; Don't like the rear end styling with the angled corners; (I would like 2011 front end and grill with 2008 rear-end)

Beware of Manual Transmission - Built in China and Problematic
By jmatero2

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustangs V6 and V8 are equipped with a Getrag Ford MT82 manual transmission built in China. These cars are not the subject of a safety investigation by the NHTSA as owners are reporting they are unable to shift. Personally, I lost my first transmission at 1400 miles, and my second transmission at 3,000 miles. This is a known issue and despite customer complaints all over the internet, they have refused to acknowledge the issue or provide a fix.

5.0L motor and handling on curves with Brembo

Please honor your warranty and fix these cars before somebody is injured or worse

Fun Car
By davyx38

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had the 5.0 for about 6 months now and would say overall I'm impressed. As far as performance goes it is top notch. From the manual, engine, brakes, to the handling everything comes together. Other things I like is overall comfort, the car is quiet on the highway and seating is good. Overall most professional reviews hit the good and bad for this car. I'm averaging about 19.5 mpg with the 3.55.

Performance is great, I like the exterior and interior design. The Sync system is pretty decent.

People who are tall may have a hard time finding a comfortable position. The Shaker 500 does not shake anything. Any car that cost over $30,000 should have dual zone climate and heated seats standard not as options. However my main complaint is that the drive axle does not have anti-rust coating.