Used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Quick little car
By S. Davis

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car 5 years and1 month. For the first 5 years I had perfect service from this car. At 5 years 1 month the traction control came on by itself [on a clear, dry, straight, stretch of road] and cut the fuel and made steering very hard. This is very dangerous, if someone is following you and you lose power it would be easy to get hit from behind. Ford dealership tried to sell me a steering box, even I knew this wasn't the problem. After much research I found this is a common problem that ford has not really addressed. I have taken it to other places that say it could be a sensor or any number of things. I really enjoy the car, and have decided to keep it for awhile longer to see if this happens again. With only 52,000 I don't think it should be giving problems. Overall it's been a good car.

One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

HP, adjustable Steering, Overall Feel, Shifter, seats, visibility, cabin room

My Mustang is only 5 months old and I have already had the A/C fixed and new front control arms. Plus it has a hard time going into third gear at times and the remote works when it wants. So it would be nice if Ford improved its build quality.

JUST ONE GLARING PROBLEM
By scotsman1965

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned.
I have owned a lot of cars....mostly GM and this beats them hands down.

Gas mileage is as advertised (when you keep it under 65mph), 6 speed transmission is great. Tight cornering. Excellent accelleration

no spare/donut tire. Not even an option. Wasn't told about. Wouldn't have bought this one without a real spare/donut. Incredible to think Ford would sell their Muscle car without one. Include a spare! Get better accountability from Ford Customer Relations and Dealership.

1st Mustang & we love it !!
By patmiii

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 16 months & can report no problems at all. Tranny has been good.
Sure footed & fun to drive. We usually get 30 mph on highway & the expected 20 mph city.
That highway mph was a selling point for us and is pretty incredible.
We are keeping close watch on the transmission since we have heard of others with problems but we don't take it to high rpms or shift harshly. We did rent an automatic for 1 wk & highly recommend the manual 6sp. Front seats fit my 6 ft frame very well. One funny note: we are in our 50s & quite regularly come across kids who want to race us. Can't do but would like to get in on a track to see what it can really do. Overall we are very pleased.

Power and agility. Smooth shifting 6 sp manual tranny. Great highway mpg.

None that we can think of.

Great Fun & Value
By patmiii

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We are in our 50s & have had this car 7 mos and can't be more pleased.
In the past we have had Japanese vehicles.
This time we decided to find an American car that wouldn't be so practical as an SUV or basic sedan. The power & handling of this car is outstanding. The acceleration is so smooth.
The overall feel of quality has been a surprise since the test drive. Gas mileage was a big surprise at 29-32 mpg on the highway.
We love the manual 6speed tranny. A month ago we rented the automatic for a week & came away knowing the manual trans was best for us. Much more fun.
The automatic did not shift exactly when needed.
It's still a good car but the manual rocks. No problems so far.

Power, handling are just plain fun. The WOW factor when you get behind the wheel. Front seats are comfortable. The manual transmission is smooth, quick and effortless. And over 30+ mpg on the highway with a 300+ horsepower engine. My 4 banger Honda CRV doesn't get that. Go Ford! You have finally built a car I would buy again and again.

Would rather have a locked gas cap. Placement of cupholders is OK but could be better. We wish a rear camera could be standard due to the rather narrow rear view.