Used 2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best car I've ever had
By nikisstang01

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've put 86,000 miles on her as of today. Ive taken her all over the US! I bought her new. I still have warranty that I have not used once. Whoever said it drives like a toyota probably never drove one! My grandma has a camery, trust me this car at over 200hp has great acceleration! It handles like my mom's '10 M3. I'm impressed by the reliability and performance of this car. Such a good investment.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, roomy trunk, appearance, usb port to charge my iPhone, nice leather, custom interior lights which you can change the color, reliability, handling

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, couldn't be happier!

2010 Ford Mustang V6
By theelcaminoman

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang in April and it by far surpassed my expectations! I am 18 years old and this is one of the best purchases iv ever made. Everyone disses the V6 pony saying its a dog; I would argue til I'm blue in the face. I have outran V8s in my Mustang and the acceleration would make you think its a V8. Performance is good but what about handling? Its a rough riding car. I'm not gonna lie. Personally, I like it. I like feeling every bump in the road and knowing the terrain i'm on. But since its bumpy as crud, it turns like a sports car. I can take 40 mph turns at 75. Kinda scary but she'll take it! The outside looks somewhat retro but pretty cool. It's the inside that gets me. My color!

Favorite Features

The mycolor interior means you can change the personality of the car by changing the interior lighting. Super cool! Not to mention the Mustang door sill that illuminates also Performance is simply amazing for a V6! Handling is terrific if you can stand the ride. Gas mileage is ok. I get 25 hwy.

Suggested Improvements

The rear-end doesn't always spin both tires. This can be embarrassing if you're in a group of people and everyone's yelling "Burnout!" Better exterior colors. I got the Torch red. I like it but they can be more elaborate about it.

V6 Has Plenty of "Go"
By Ellen

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this 2010 model (black on black) "used" with 16,000 miles on it for my 17 year old, and got a great deal. The interior fit and finish is a huge improvement over older models. I was a bit worried about the V6 but it's got plenty of zip, and I didn't want a V8 for a teenager. The SYNC system is awesome and allows easy hands free cell phone use, but the best feature of all is the glass roof! It is gorgeous. This car turns heads and handles very well. I may have to borrow it from her more often.

Favorite Features

Handling SYNC / Shaker system Adjustable backlighting on dials and floor Glass roof!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage (although Ford seems to address this in 2011 models)

Great V6 You'll Love
By Ichiban Driver

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2011 V6 Mustang gets all the love these days with its new engine. But my 2010 V6 is a dream--fun to drive and in Kona Blue with the Pony Package, a real eye-catcher. I was a German car snob for 20 years and had some very solid BMW's and a fun little C230 Benz. Now, I'm hooked on the design, styling and solid performance of my Mustang. I don't doubt the 2011's are even better, but don't believe anybody who tries to diminish the 2010's. Just drive one and decide for yourself.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior lines evoking the classic Mustang look; modernized and sleek interior (especially in leather) that eliminates the cheap look of older models.

Suggested Improvements

From what I can tell, Ford made them in the 2011 Mustangs. My 2010 is no economy model on gasoline--in town, stop-and-go gets you about 16 mpg. But on the open highway, you'll easily get 24 mpg with unleaded regular. The new V6 is rated at 31 mpg highway--a nice improvement.

The BEST car I've ever owned
By Nicole

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Id love to upgrade to the 2011 just for increased horsepower/mpg. I love this car absolutely no problems! I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 06 and compared to the mustang it is no match. I never realized how unreliable the jeep was until I got an actual reliable car that never has problems (my mustang). The Ford service (only used for oil changes) are so helpful and sweet. The car handles amazingly and the seats are so comfortable. I love my SYNC system! This car is reliable, fun to drive, and beautiful. No complaints

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, sync system, handling, horsepower, looks in and out, technology, reliability

Suggested Improvements

MPG which they did improve. The mpg is alright but Id much rather have the 31 mpg.