1990 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Noisy top
By mustang_1990 on 05/22/11 14:51 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

The convertible frame it rattles as the car gets into bumpy roads. I know it is a 21 y/o car, but is there something I can do without getting the whole frame replaced?

5.0
By isaias5885 on 02/12/09 19:17 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Convertible

This was supposed to my project car. I own a 2005 Scion Tc also. Since I bought the Mustang I haven't driven the Tc. This 5.0 is amazing. Just a full tune up and I was having the time of my life. I'm never selling this car.

Mostly bark and little bite
By streets on 01/08/09 17:51 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

We've owned this car for over 15 years and despite the great expense and poor performance, my husband wouldn't get rid of it until a truck totaled it while parked (thank you truck driver). Very loud car. Due to the convertible pillars, vision was lousy. The car could not drive in any little bit of snow, and was even pretty unsafe in the rain. We experienced the overall quality of early 1990's Ford cars, which is to say expensive to maintain with many quality control issues.

For fun
By mustangfreak on 07/28/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

I've had my Mustang for a few years now. It's one of the most reliable vechiles I own. The performance is incredible. If you plan on getting a Mustang a 5.0 or a 4.6 or even the old 3.8 just plan on having money for a few things (tires and clutches.) I only put about 7,000 miles since I bought it and I'm due for a second set of rubbers and a new clutch.

Mustang
By MUSTANGLX on 07/15/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a really fun to drive car with pretty good handling but it does lack in the power department. If they would make a turbo kit this thing would be a lot of fun.

Fastest Reliable Street Car
By True American Muscle on 05/09/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best in my opioion of the ideal car for the modern age. Mixed in with the best of the muscle of the oldschools. It also has a appealing look to it. And many aftermarket/clubs to get ahold of. It really is a eye- catcher and a rollercoaster at the same time. It's a bit scary going fast until your used to it. It's a perfect learner car because of it's safety and airbags which were put in on the 90's models.

My toy
By Gene on 02/22/07 18:27 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Bought new and kept that way with less than 35,000 miles on Jan 1 2007. Expect to maintain new status at least 15 more years. Driven by a now 'age- challenged' man, never wrecked nor even scratched. Style lines very much reminiscent of 66 / 67 Mustang. Elegant and functional. Next outing Easter, then the July 4 parade (as usual). I fight off the offers for the car. After all it's not broken in good - yet. All its original parts still produce the Mustang sound. They hear me coming!

5.0L Mustang
By bennsanford on 10/21/06 01:40 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

Great car. I own a 2006 Mercedes Benz and it does not compare to my 1990 Ford Mustang GT. Awesome power, for a great price. A thrill to drive, with a ton of aftermarket parts to choose from for top performance.

Good Car
By Dan on 08/30/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

No major problems in 108k miles. Even with the v8 it was a bit underpowered compared to modern performance cars. Traction was extremely poor in snow. Seats were comfortable and controls easy to use. Tire selection was limited for the standard rims. Fuel economy could be better. Exterior design was dated, even at the time.

300k '90 Stang
By Tiger90Stang on 07/25/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car in 11/93 when it only had 35k miles on it. It was well taken care of and most likely driven by a non muscle car enthusiast. That was until I got a hold of it. Now it's 13 years later and less than 3k miles from 300k. Yes! Original 300,000 miles (proof with receipts).There has been NOTHING done to the engine or transmission. The only items replaced was the normal wear and tear items like alternator, brakes, tires, fuel pump, heater core, lock actuators, passenger window motor gear, struts and a recalled ECM. This car has been MORE than what I thought I'd ever get out of a muscle car. It had great acceleration (100k ago) & still rides as smooth as new. A GREAT investment!