2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: I love this car

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

I love this car
By 2666loco on

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It is fun to drive, feels solid, and I would recommend it and would buy another. I'm getting 21-22mpg in town and 29 highway but haven't put a lot of miles on it. 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power for me, 16 valves move! Lots of standard features that used to cost extra. Standard CD is great system. It did well on ice with FWD. It corners very well at 60mph. I disagree with most nit picks by other reviewers. Prices good now with 2010's out soon. My only option is automatic transmission. Controls good, well placed and easy to use.

Favorite Features

Standard CD stereo system great. Comfort,handling, quality solid appearance and feel. Automatic transmission smooth and upshifts for better mileage. Trunk doesn't fly up when opened. Large trunk and fold down rear seats for hauling. USA company. Great heater.

Suggested Improvements

Can't get fresh air through vents without fan. Visibility backing up bad. Turn indicator/dimmer stalk too high and you must reach up. Cruise too easy to disengage unknowingly while driving. Seatbelts hard to buckle. Dome wheel not illuminated. Sunshade above mirror needed. New chip for better mpg.