Used 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great deal for the money
By triple john

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 09 4 cyl Fusion for 18K...I know the 4 cyl is not the fastest, but not bad for a four...especially with the 5 speed automatic. I just drove drove 500 miles home and averaged 32 mpg @ 70 mph, This engine not even broken in yet, so mileage should improve a bit. The car is very quite on the highway and quite comfortable. My last car was a Cadillac, so I appreciate quality. This car was loaded with the sun & sync package, black leaather interior with blue suede inserts, ambient lighting, travel computer with compass sport package with 18" rims, cruise, 8 speaker premium sound system with 6 cd changer, satelite radio with steering wheel controls, power seats, rear spoiler.

Sun & Sync package, sport package, 8 speaker premium stereo with speed actviated volume.

More HP from the 4 cyl engine

Your money goes a long way
By DJ2BIG

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My mom says it feels like a magic carpet, she is 71. My dad says the fusion is the best car Ford has ever made, he is 73. This is my second Ford an upgrade from my 2007 Focus. All I can say is the Ford Fusion should be renamed Ford Sweetness! I test drove so many cars, but the formula that Ford used to blend horsepower, comfort, style, entertainment and yes I need to say it, grace have me in ecstasy just enjoying every mile, every street, every highway and the endless road.

Sunroof, Sync, V6, the whole package.

Gas milage on the v6 needs just a little more improvement. Right now I am averaging 24 MPG. I would like to see the v6 get around 30 MPG City and 38 MPG Highway without it being a hybrid or sacrificing horsepower. The nano technology Ford is using on engines is a start, maybe nano fuel energy?

Nice ride
By Black sheep

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 1,350 miles no problems. 27.5 mpg overall 40/60 city/highway. Car handles great, traded a 2003 corolla. Fit and finnish is ok but not as good as the toyota. This is better than the last ford I had 1996 Taurus. Handles and drove much better than the Camery I test drove. Sound system is great, price was even better under $17,000 with automatic, sun and sync package.

Sync, sunroof, price, and comfort.

Fit and finish could be better.

very satisfied
By john

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When I saw that Consumer Reports recommended the 2009 Ford Focus and Fusion I decided to check them out. Previous cars I have owned have been Subarus and Hondas. I ended up helping my daughter purchase a new Ford Focus and I ended up getting the 09 Fusion. I have been VERY satisfied so far. Great ride and my wife and I love the room in the interior, the great sound system and the SYNC system. What really clinched the deal, however, was the $3500 incentive on top of a great deal that was just $400 above the invoice price. I ended up purchasing a new ford that had a MSRP of around $23,00 for $18,000. Good Job Ford!!

SYNC, room in the interior, smooth ride and a great sound system.

rear window is too small, turn signal placed too high and I don't like the old fasion clock in the dash.

2009 SEL V-6
By Bob

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was advised to buy the V-6 vs the V-4 for more power. This vehicle gets up to speed very quickly. Steering and handling is very good. Other reviews disliked the turn indicator position (high on column) and height of seat head rests. I do not find this a negative. A great car and my wife loves it.

Peppiness of engine. Design and color (red). Handling is great. Front seats have good adjustable back support.

Fuel mileage could be better (18-22). Interior center counsel could be more spacious. No need to be fancy with a selection of night interior lights.