Used 2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Pleased!
By Daniel

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Fusion for only a month now and I absolutely love it. From the ride comfort to the design. I needed a car that was good on gas, reliable, and safe for the new born and I found exactly that. The 6 air bags and 5 star crash rating sold me. Other people have rated that they were not happy with the sound... they are crazy. It's loud and clear! If you are thinking about buying a fusion, then think no more. Just take it for a test drive. You won't want to take it back to the lot. You Will Love It!

Great leg room; additional audio buttons on steering wheel; MP3 stereo; Large trunk; 415 miles on a full tank (depending on driving style)

lack of off the line power.

Best car I've owned in 45 years
By Waynes_World

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Ford I have owned in my 45 years of driving and probably the best car so far. I have owned several other brands but this Ford is a winner. I traded in an F250 diesel that broke my heart on maintenance cost and fuel economy and when I was looking for a good mileage car, I stumbled across the Fusion. I was interested in the Focus and was about to purchase one when I saw the Fusion beside the Focus and drove it. Best thing that has happened to me. The Fusion price with rebate was $17,000 and I have had only one issue with the battery failing at 30,000 miles, all else has been great on this car. I get around 26-30 mpg mixed city/hwy. The Fusion now has 36,000 and I am still happy.

Ride, MPG, comfort, styling, I would not expect to have issues with a car with only 36,000 miles and I have not and so far I believe I will not with this Fusion.

backup alert sensor when something is present cause hard to see backing up, but fixed in the newer models

Love my Fusion
By Kelly

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My husband leased me the car new for my birthday, when the lease was up to be terminated, I just couldn't part with it. Love the looks, styling, and handling. Wish it had a little more cabin room, by 6'2" husband has difficulty fitting because of the sunroof. I am having issues with the drivetrain making a vibrating noise, and will have to address it soon, apparently it is a common problem with the Ford/Mercury 2007 AWD's. This car is awesome in the snow! Turning radius could be better, but it went where my friend's Suburban wouldn't last year, so take that all you 4WD enthusiasts!

Sporty yet elegant exterior, the trunk which can compare to my Excursion, I have no problem going to Sam's club and stocking up! I have not found a car that can compart in the snow. I like the interior, although it is extremely dated when compared to the imports.

Radio stinks! Little more head room and leg room, better turning radius. Wish it had air/heat vents in back.

This car made me Ford enthusiast
By dentate gyrus

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fusion almost by chance - was looking for medium size sedan, stick shift, 4 cyl., and had Nissan or Honda on mind. Got Fusion at Airport as a rental and instantly loved it. Interior quality is superior to others in the same class. In fact, I like it's dash more than 2010, which I find garish. Good ergonomics, supportive, firm seats. 25.6 mpg in stop and go! The engine feels little underpowered, but I guess this is the price for superb fuel economy. Handling is superb. Road noise considerably less than in Accord. Drove from Pittsburgh to NYC and back and did not feel tired. Manual tranny makes it much more fun to drive. So far zero problems.

Styling, material quality, ergonomics, great fuel economy, cavernous trunk (swallowed 3 large suitcases) stick shift. steering. Paid $12K for it 3 weeks and 1000 miles ago and have a feeling that I got lot of car for my money!

Radio/Audio quality is mediocre. The car deserves better audio. Hard to reach dome light (with moonroof equipped car), no lights in glove box, leg area.

Extremely reliable, high quality
By Steve

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

50,000 miles in 3 years and occasionally the passenger seat creaks. That's it. Not a single lose screw, repair,rattle. Nothing. This quality is confirmed by Consumer Reports which for a few years has measured this car to be THE most reliable of any car. It's crazy - I bought the V6 for less than the price of a 4 cyl. Honda Accord. Yet, when it comes to resale, this car will be hurt simply because it's a Ford.

Super-smooth 6-speed trans., whisper quiet on the highway, huge trunk, tons of leg room, sporty handling.

My concerns have been addressed by the newer versions of the Fusion: move brake light out of rear window, quiter engine.