2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Try it you'll like it
By Mark on 02/09/09 02:34 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Live in the snowbelt of Northern Ohio. Needed a new car, test drove everything in this class with the exception of the Fusion. Decided to buy an Impala but the deal was not to my liking. Went to the local Ford dealer and test drove the AWD SEL and bought it as soon as I returned from the test drive. Mind you I bought it during a snow storm and was very impressed with the AWD system. I drive 70 mi a day and love driving this car. Great seats,audio and climate control. Averaging 26 mpg on highway and 22 in city and I am an aggressive driver.The interior absolutely beats all otheer cars in this class. Love the seat warmers!

Quality & Value
By bpayton63 on 01/23/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very disappointed with the quality if this car. I have had to replace a front wheel barring not 2 months after purchase and have had transmission problems this car does not have the power you can't pass unless your going down hill or have plenty of room it does not feel safe on the interstate. The battery terminal went bad and that had to be replaced too. The interior is cheap and the seats are already separating (I weigh only 125 lbs) and the trunk doesn't say open. As far as design and comfort I love it that is why I purchased this model. Unfortunately you'd better love it because there is no trade in value my $16,000 car is only worth $7,600 depreciated 1/2 in 8 months.

Awesome vehicle
By Jeremy81 on 12/30/08 11:08 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owened, very reliable, very economical, fun to drive. Very sharp looking car. Six star rating. I will be trading it in next year for a newer one. I like the way the 2010 models look.

This car is great
By AARON on 12/10/08 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When my wife and I went shopping for a new vehicle for her, we were open minded, we spent the summer looking at just about every vehicle in our price range. We couldn't agree on anything, as goes with pretty much everything else. When we took a Ford Fusion out for a test drive, we both liked it. We did take a few other cars out for test drives, and nothing compared to the Fusion, and I knew we wouldnt be happy with anything else. We settled with the 4cyl, because she mainly drives around town. But I was shocked when our family went to visit relatives 200 miles away, and with our boys, 6 and 15 years old, who didnt once complain about being cramped, and a trunk load. still averaged 28.5 MPG.

Buying the lease...it's that good
By DRobinson on 12/04/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I will never buy out a lease, until now. I had a 39 month lease and am buying it 12 months early. This car is great for the everyday commuter. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and reliability has been great. The car looks great inside and out.

Good car more or less
By JScharlie on 11/20/08 19:42 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Planned on a Altima. The selling price gave me more car for my money. Overall quality is very good with the exception of noticable gaps along the door at the main pillar. The traction control has too much lag. It can be kind of irritating when getting started at a green light. The climate controls are set too low so I have to take my eyes off the raod to adjust. The four cylindar cruises very well on the highway. Road noise is very good for a car in this class. Rear visibility is not the best. The car handles very well. Taking a 270 degree off ramp at 50 mph is kind of fun. Overall, I would recommend this car.

Ford is moving up
By Steve on 11/15/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. It has great styling. It looks a lot more expensive than it really is. Decent power, not great. Excellent sound system. Still havent found this mp3 jack everyonje talks about. Maybe I should read the manual. Would suggest this car if it is your first time buying a new car.

Not a wow kind of car.
By jsmith52 on 10/04/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the car is just average. There is nothing amazing or fun or neat about the car. Seats are above average in terms of comfort. The car also has some decent visual appeal at first. However, the fuel economy stinks and the technology is outdated. Ford has improved on the reliability but still does not have great fit and finish. There are little rattles and weird clicking sounds. The engine flat out stinks. Needs dual vvti to help with power and gas consumption. Car also needs bigger output, possibly a 3.5 liter. If you are going to buy American Ford probably is your best bet but I only bought the car because I was on Ford's discount plan.

The AWD is great
By matt on 09/27/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car ,bought it because of the AWD,car is very functionable and lot's of space ,comfortable to drive. Had a Lincoln LS before and the finish and quality is right up there. Really like the storage compartment in the dash and media controls on the steering wheel.Fold down passeneger seat makes it very easy for carrying longer items. The AWD is awesome, freeway mileage is 32 -35 mpg, city mileage as low as 16 mpg with mild driving. Installed rear back-up sensors (offered in 2008) as rear visability is poor. I would definitely recommend this. I would absolutely buy another one.

It is a very good family car!
By Memphisian on 09/23/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I own this Fusion SE for more than 1 year. You can not complain a lot on this car, except the power seat: I don't use it every month. It has no problem from the day I bought it. I drive almost all local and I can get 28/26 during summer/winter season, which is same gas mileage as my wife's Focus SE. It is better than my colleague's new Accord. I love the sound system and use it everyday. The power features are very convenient. Compared to Focus, it is so quiet. The computer is also a great feature. Now I hope it can be 10 years problems free. Best wish Ford can gain reputation again and be "proud to be made in America"!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.