Used 2005 Ford Freestar SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Owner
By charles gillespie

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a good experience for me. The only problem I've had was the transmission quit at about 82,000 miles and it cost me 1,800 to rebuild I have talked to other owners with the same problem. They should call a recall. I have saved my repair bill. I am a senior citizen and had to borrow money to have it fixed. But I love the van.

The room in it is great. I have removed the second seat and can load anything in from all sides. Great gas mileage 21 all around 25 on trip

brakes are a little spongy and transmission should be replaced with a better one.

Great van
By 1lap2go

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed this van as it's the 3rd Ford Windstar/Freestar van we have owned. I do get over 20mpg with this van if you don't use ethanol gas. Enjoy the "van" room but do not think I need that much room anymore, besides everyone thinks you should drive cuz you have so much room. This van has been troublefree like my previous vans. Haven't had to walk yet.

No problems with it all. The wife likes it cuz you get a good view.

Back seats could have a little more comfort to them as they tend to be basic comfort seats for the most part.

What I Like About My Van
By Ginger

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this vehicle. It is comfortable and easy to park. I find that my gas mileage is about 22 mpg. on the freeway and slightly less in town. Most of my driving is work related and I have more than enough cargo space. I have never had any problems mechanically, as I am very careful following the manufacturers service instructions.

I enjoy riding higher than a car but not as big as a truck. I love the keyless entry and it fits just about any parking place, which is important for city driving.

I would like Ford to continue manufacturing them. I don't think they have been marketed properly. An all wheel drive version would be a nice feature when going to the snow. I would also beef up the rear suspension just a bit.

Solid
By hams

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van because we got a great deal on it and we were looking for a reliable vehicle for our daughter to drive with a good safety rating. We've had good luck with Fords in the past and currently own a '99 Windstar with 108K and a '95 Explorer with 118K. We fully expect this baby to give us another good 100K.

Solid construction. It just feels well built. Smooth tranny. Quick starts. Plenty of power. Pretty good mileage for van this size. Well designed cruise control, no surging. The fold away rear seat is very convenient for loading in bicycles or big items without having to remove the seat.

One thing drives me a little nuts. There are no keyholes anywhere but on the driver side door so if I only have the key I can't open the passenger door or the rear lift without opening the driver's door.

I love my minivan
By ARH

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car as a replacement for a 2002 minivan and are still glad we did. It rides like a dream, seats 7 people very comfortably. I like sitting higher when I drive so this really fits the bill. My only problem I'm when I'm doing 65-70 mph I get a 'singing vibration' on the drivers side front. We tried moving the roof rack but that didn't help. So, we live with it & I slow down when I get the noise. Maybe that was the idea in the first place? We remove both seats (easy to do) occasionally & use it as a truck which is handy. We can also sleep back there when we take long trips. Just put down an air mattress & you're good to go.

I like the radio system. The CD sound is good quality and the radio had more range than I originally expected.

Put in some kind of console between the front seats. Put more bag hooks along the back wall for grocery bags.