2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Owner
By charles gillespie on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a good experience for me. The only problem I've had was the transmission quit at about 82,000 miles and it cost me 1,800 to rebuild I have talked to other owners with the same problem. They should call a recall. I have saved my repair bill. I am a senior citizen and had to borrow money to have it fixed. But I love the van.

Great van
By 1lap2go on 03/02/09 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed this van as it's the 3rd Ford Windstar/Freestar van we have owned. I do get over 20mpg with this van if you don't use ethanol gas. Enjoy the "van" room but do not think I need that much room anymore, besides everyone thinks you should drive cuz you have so much room. This van has been troublefree like my previous vans. Haven't had to walk yet.

What I Like About My Van
By Ginger on 12/03/07 16:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this vehicle. It is comfortable and easy to park. I find that my gas mileage is about 22 mpg. on the freeway and slightly less in town. Most of my driving is work related and I have more than enough cargo space. I have never had any problems mechanically, as I am very careful following the manufacturers service instructions.

Solid
By hams on 06/14/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van because we got a great deal on it and we were looking for a reliable vehicle for our daughter to drive with a good safety rating. We've had good luck with Fords in the past and currently own a '99 Windstar with 108K and a '95 Explorer with 118K. We fully expect this baby to give us another good 100K.

I love my minivan
By ARH on 09/04/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car as a replacement for a 2002 minivan and are still glad we did. It rides like a dream, seats 7 people very comfortably. I like sitting higher when I drive so this really fits the bill. My only problem I'm when I'm doing 65-70 mph I get a 'singing vibration' on the drivers side front. We tried moving the roof rack but that didn't help. So, we live with it & I slow down when I get the noise. Maybe that was the idea in the first place? We remove both seats (easy to do) occasionally & use it as a truck which is handy. We can also sleep back there when we take long trips. Just put down an air mattress & you're good to go.

Family of Five
By wlehr on 12/13/05 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Plenty of Power. Ample cargo space even w/o folding rear seat into floor. Plenty of leg room for all sizes of passengers. Smooth transmission, Great in the snow. Console not cluttered, can reach all controls w/o taking eyes off of the road. Handy convex mirror for easy passenger viewing. Great family vehicle

Great Van for the Money
By F.J. Rogers on 09/04/05 02:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar is a very good value for the dollar. The 3.9 engine performs and offers good fuel mileage. The van's design offers good visibility and the controls and gauges are all in the right places. There is good driver and front passenger leg room. The third seat is a little cramped, a complaint that is common for most minivans. When equipped, the van will tow 3,500 lbs., allowing for a small family boat or utility trailer to be pulled. Once again a good value in the minivan market.

Great Van
By Great Van on 08/27/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for a couple of weeks, but so far the family loves it. The kids really like the DVD system and I like the peace and quiet I get when I'm in the car. It seems that this van has something for everyone. The captain chairs in the second row are great. It gives the kids plenty of room to spread out. I love all the storage and the deep space in the back ... no more having to chase the groceries around. Overall I think I made a smart purchase, especially with all the rebates and discount pricing I got a great deal and a great family vehicle.

Great Van for the Price
By Eric on 08/10/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar has been a pleasant surprise thus far. The van runs great, and it is nice and roomy. With the rebates and the family plan pricing I only paid $17.5K for a new well equipped SE model. My kids love the DVD feature. My only grip is that the 2nd row seat belts are in the way of the access to the 3rd row. However, overall a great buy!

Please read before purchasing Freestar
By Paul on 03/26/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This purchase unfortunately has been a disappointment. The Ford dealer was willing to give a good discount but we wound up with a very uncomfortable minivan. The second and third row of seats offer very poor leg room and on long trips it almost becomes unbearable. If I had to do it over again I would have definitely taken a closer look at the Sienna or Odyssey. Ford doesn't have its act together in this car at all.