2009 Ford Flex Consumer Review: Have a family without needing

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Have a family without needing a minivan
By From Brooklyn on

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I are expecting our third child, and with a dog in tow we needed to get a bigger vehicle than our VW Passat Wagon. We looked at the Routan but something about the Flex caught my eye. It's different, kind of a retro look with modern amenities--so basically it felt like us. So far, so good, it drives very nicely. One of the things I like best is how quiet it is, road noise isn't very present. Our kids really love it, and the automatic seat folding in the second row make it super easy for third row egress. Definitely roomy, smooth ride, SYNC is awesome, satellite radio 2 yr sub, panoramic sun roof...all in all a great experience so far.

It's an American car; we hadn't bought one in a while if ever and that is important to consider. Panoramic sun roof, SYNC, comfortable seats, auto folding second row, white roof gives it a Cooper Car look...unique, not a mini- van!

I am definitely concerned about the gas mileage so far, we are averaging 13+ so far; it's supposed to get 16-22. Sure, like everyone else I'd like a telescoping steering wheel but it's manageable without.