Used 1993 Ford Festiva GL Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

Built like a tank
By alwaysinaford

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Have know about these cars for a long time. Motor is like a rock, flawless. manual transmission, flawless. I get 41-47 mpg depending on how hard I run it. I agree with the window issue. Have only replaced the alternator and battery. Tires are very hard to find. I am 6"2" tall and I am very comfortable. Really enjoy driving it as my daily driver. I will keep it until the day it dies.

Gas mileage, comfortable, fun to drive.

Ford need to bring the identical car back!

93 ford festiva
By doug allen

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

just purchased a 93 festiva this car i very dependable and gets a consistent 40 mpg fun to drive and handles well they should be making these cars again tires are getting hard to find easy to work on.

excellent gas mileage

start making these kind of cars again

My Lil' car
By Kyle

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

This has been my most reliable car EVER- bought in'96 for $3,900-was a impulse buy (bought within hours of looking at) Initially thought I overpaid - but 13 yrs and at 185,000 miles - U think I got a steal on it I dont get mileage others might(is a 5 speed) get 35-38 mpg (with wind pushing me have got 45-48) tho mpg is with usually with car loaded up and 75 mph Gone is rear seat - and many times passenger seat - fit 8 ft boards in it with front seat gone- so cargo room is awesome (use it like was a truck) great ground clearance for N Dakota winters Until real recently could go 5,000- 6,000 miles(oil change to oil change) without adding any oil in between alot of long trips 800mile

1. RELIABILITY! starts every time has never broke down on me ever - biggest repair was cv shafts (frigid winter split boots) 2.SPACIOUS - is like clown car - fits more inside than seems possible - will never own a sedan 3. comfort - very decent for tiny car (am 6 ft)have gone 367 miles str8t thru

Have had to repair rear latch quite a bit - the 12 inch tires dont last (squeeze 2 yrs out of them - tho live on country roads) Really Wish had 'luxuries' like AC and espec Cruise Control The sun visors shoulda been alot bigger-the brakes tend to fade quickly Exhaust work -Done myself (welder)

Festevil
By kyle

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

i own a festiva gt and its got alittle under 93000 miles, and other then alittle transmission trouble, i love the car, i get my fair share of funny looks but their just mad i can park in small spots at work, down town, and at clubs. i did redo the suspension to make it more of a comfordable ride. if anyone else is looking to do so just look for coil overs off of an ATV, yes funny but with the right amount of skill and patients... it worked my festiva never dies, so it got the nic- name, "FestEvil" which is being painted on the trunk after the dents and scratches are removed. great cars hope the 2011 model is as great as its grandfather

quick in traffic, great on gass, inexpensive.

better handling, better interior design

Almost too well built
By Bones

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I've owned two of these cars, the last one I still own. It's almost as if this car was built way before its time. Now with gas what it is, I hear less and less laughing. It's pretty obvious in cars of this size bueracracy is the only thing standing between fuel economy and cars that boast of 23 MPG. This car gets 40 MPG all day long. My buddy and I collected 7 of these cars way before cas went up. We made topless parade vehicles, drove them and parted them. Now, we always have parts and drive like-new 93's. It was dumb luck, but oh-so-sweet. I drive mine around town, he bounces back and forth to Key west in his. They are a dream at 70, but commute like motorcycles.

This car has leg room for big guys like me, a simple dash, basic controls (auto), a great fuel injection system, a larger compressor for the AC (Florida) and carries 8 foot long cargo with the passenger seat down. It's fun to drive and easily modified if you are always in a hurry.

No improvement needed if cool isn't your whole life. Travel is more important than the gas station. You don't feel like making your mechanic rich. You like a car no one wants to borrow. You like a car cops totally ignore and your 1K car is 14K cheaper than your neighbor's.