2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
One Tough Truck
By toughtruck on 12/29/11 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As of Dec 2011, I have owned this truck for over six years. It was bought new and I haven't experienced any problems during this ownership. The truck is used to pull a 24ft boat, large horse/cattle trailer, and utility trailer. Excellent interior space for front and rear passengers, more than ample pulling power, smooth transmission shifting, dashboard layout is exceptional, and multiple positions for rear seat storage/hauling/seating. As some posts mentioned gas mileage - a heavy duty truck was designed for pulling and hauling which makes gas mileage secondary. My next truck will definitely be an F-250 Lariat.

Diesel King Ranch
By Glenn on 05/01/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my diesel 4x4 truck for almost a year and thus far has given me perfect service...no problems whatsoever. I often pull my enclosed car trailer (about 7500 lbs.) effortlessly. I get about 14 mpg around town, 18-19 mpg on the open road doing 80 mph and around 12 mpg when towing 65-70 mph. I have the deluxe King Ranch model and is very comfortable. I regularly get compliments about the truck when getting fuel. The only thing that I would change would be not having the captain seats in the rear, but a bench seat for the sake of carrying groceries and packages inside. I also like the availability of getting 16", 18", or 20" wheels, unlike GMC/GM were only 16" wheels are offered.

Ford Got It Right
By D Madtes on 05/06/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This has to be the most powerful truck I have ever owned. Equipped with the Power Stroke Diesel this truck accelerates and handles better than most gas engines. While towing a 25ft travel trailer it is easy to forget the trailer is still back there. When cruising at 65MPH and the tow haul mode set the engine is running right in its max torque range at about 1950 RPMs, while still averaging better fuel milage than my gas F-150 ever did. Ford really got it right on this set up!

big yellow
By super duty on 04/16/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have only had this truck for a month and have put on 3000 miles. It is extreme yellow with the Amarillo black interior. 4X4 diesel. I get 17 + mph average. It is the nicest vehicle with plenty of room. The 4 door is really great. I drove truck over the road for 35 years and figured I deserved a new pick up. I traded an '03 F-150 which was ok but if you want a brute force truck this is it. I LOVE IT! Guess I over did this write up huh!

great truck....a real mans truck
By baker80 on 12/20/04 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

better than dodge and chevy by far i love it