2000 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
2000 Ford escort
By ggragg on 09/05/12 00:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car for free from a buddy that left for the army, 157000 miles, getting about 33.5 mpg interstate, 28 in town. Runs great, looks good. Nice gift.

Don't expect over 100K miles out of this
By hopingsoul on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 700 miles on it and it performed very well with no problems until 115K miles the engine blew. I changed the oil every 3-4K miles, so I thought it would last. It had this most annoying vibration after about 50K miles and I was told it was the motor mounts. Then I started working 60 miles away and it performed fine, except for the vibrating. I was sitting in traffic for about 30 minutes, no over heating, no warning and it stalled and that was it, there's a hole in the engine. Other than poor life span, I thought it was a great car. The only thing changed was an alternator. A parts house told me these engines are notorious for blowing unexpectedly.

WOW! What A Beast I Have.
By J Riles on 10/28/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I brought this car basically because I was excited in buying my first car. Anyways since then the car has been like a trusty companion. Every time I think it's gonna give out on me it just keeps kicking. Right now I'm in the 20's as far as mileage and she runs like when i first brought her. Great A to B car.

Good Car
By Bodacious on 06/08/05 11:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car was the first car I ever purchased. It is great for anyone who just needs to go from point A to point B. This car is great for single or family use. Its great on gas mileage and needs little maintenance. I bought it used with only 10,000 miles and have only replaced the tires, battery, and brake pads after hitting 50,000. This car shakes a lot while idle, though it isn't anything serious. It is so easy to drive as well. You can literally make turns with one hand since the car is so easy to maneuver.

A better roller skate
By jemjunior on 03/29/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I needed a car in a hurry. I had good working relations with a local car rental dealer. Picked up the Escort with 32,000 miles for a good price. It has been a very reliable mode of transportation. My teenage daughter learned to drive in it. I still use it every day for back and forth to work. I plan on fixing it and driving it until the wheels fall off. I haven't had any trouble besides normal wear and tear items. Be advised - the Escort doesn't "DO" anything. It just starts up, drives, and comes home.

EXCELLENT CAR
By Tim Nall on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT MY ESCORT IN 2001(A YEAR OLD WHEN I BOUGHT IT). IT'S BEEN A WONDERFUL CAR FOR ME. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CAR. IT'S MAINTAINENCE FREE.

jo 2000
By joe_1 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Ford Escort SE sedan on 02/15/02 and havn't had a major problem yet. This is a very good car to drive since it is one of the best Escort modles that rolled of the production line.Great acceleration on city streets,but going up hills can be a bit of a challeng since there is only 110 hores under it's hood.

Its a good little car
By tboner on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I really like this little car. It handles the tough winters up here in the Northeast. Starts everyday, handles the snow & ice good. Peppy little 4 cylinder, although I wish I had the standard. I am a 5 speed fanatic. I don't find the car uncomfortable at all. A lot of other smaller car will make my bum go to sleep after an hour or two, but not so with this one. My previous car was a 1997 Hyundai Accent, which was a great little car, but the escort has the upper hand over the accent.

Love My Escort
By Jdup on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

A ford escort is usually a car that people joke about but to tell you. I had good luck with mine. I had a 1997 escort wagon and currently own a 2000 sedan. There are real good cars. Im 6'2 and yeah its kinda tight but it dont stop me from driving it. I longest I spent driving it was about 15 hours. Its got a peppy 2.0 inline 4 cyl. But who needs all that power anyway. The fastest you can go is 65mph.

I only rented this car
By Jason McGovern on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort Sedan 4dr Sedan

I rented this car after rolling my 2000 corolla. Not a bad car. I know the specs only show 114 HP, and 120 fp of torque. But that's LOW END TORQUE. This car gets running from the get go (because Ford believes in torque unlike most imports). The ride is fairly alright, interior is very basic. It's a basic car. If you can get a deal on one of these I would most likely recommend it.