Brand new impression
By norcalrn on
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
My car is less than a week old, maybe 240 miles tracked so far. So far no flaws that I can tell, everything performs as I'd expect it would.
Favorite Features
Many amenities which give me a more pleasing ride-the beeps that tell me if my vehicle is too close to another vehicle or object, navigation is helpful, seats are very comfortable. Sharp design looks like a close cousin to Lexus RX 350. The sync to my phone is a dream and the back up camera gives peace of mind. I think all the safety features kept my insurance low too. I like the My Sync feature that connects with Ford to give me updates on when maintenance is needed but if there is computer connectivity such as this, why pay extra for LoJack? Other vehicles have built in tracking for anti theft- the technology is there, not sure why Lo Jack is an option and not a standard.
Suggested Improvements
The literature states this is an AWD vehicle yet the plating on the car is '4WD' Am I old school? I always understood 4WD as an on command or demand function and AWD was all wheels run independent of each other yet in synchronicity to maintain speed at all times. Could this be clarified? Also, the MPG on my window sticker says IN SMALL PRINT Small SUV range 16-30MPG. and in larger, bolder print 21 CITY and 28 HWY and in a VERY large print 24 MPG combined city highway. This is misleading. My mechanic suggested that even tho regular 87 octane gas is OK, using an 89 octane gas will improve fuel efficiency, so I may eventually try that as a comparison.