Ok first car
By Tyler on
1997 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback
I bought my ford aspire last December as my first car. I paid Five hundred dollars for it. Since than i have put at least eight hundred dollars in repairs into the darn thing. From Bad motor mounts to tires, I've replaced it. I don't blame the car itself because the previous owners never even changed the oil in the car. It took four oil changes to finally get it cleaned out! I have to tell you for what this car been through I'm surprised it still goes, the engine is good condition just everything around it is what's wrong. If I'm gentle with the throttle i will get 35 mpg city and 35 mpg highway it has the 3 speed automatic. The transmission requires you to floor it to shift down.
Favorite Features
The heater seems to work good now that i replaced the thermostat. It drives straight down the road even at highway speeds with little correction. The hatchback is very useful i can fit my mountain bike in the back and hall it around. By the way it has 116,000 Miles on it.
Suggested Improvements
This car screams for a four speed automatic. A.C. Takes a lot of the car power at city speeds. Wind noise at highway speeds could be less just by adding extra insulation around the windows. I think the 2011 Ford Fiesta is a very good replacement car for the aspire.
By danwat1234
on 06/04/12 12:33 PM (PDT)

The 2011 Ford Fiesta doesn't have direct injection. Go with a 2012/2013 Ford Focus