2002 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: Nice car

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

Nice car
By DodgeBoy on

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went in to buy a 2003 and found the last 2002 on the lot. Had all the options I didn't want, but because it was last year's model I got a good price. Overall a very nice car. Good acceleration, quiet, solid feel, a stiff but not harsh ride, quick steering response, and not bad on gas. The automatic (the one item I really DIDN'T want) is a little sluggish, go for the manual if you can find one. Turning radius is not as tight as I expected. So far no problems, except a weird unidentified and intermittent noise from the rear when starting.

With the leather accessory package, I got the automatic dimming rearview mirror, fog lights, single CD, built-in automatic garage door opener. Back seat and trunk are very roomy.

Sluggish automatic lags when you step on it. Stepping on the gas uses up a WHOLE LOTTA GAS. Visors don't offer enough shade, rear visibility hindered by high rear deck, 2nd front cupholder only accessible with the console open, and temperature too warm or too cold.