1994 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Very Reliable
By chgoken on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

The car has run well. Maintenance at regular intervals required no major repairs. Major items came around 100000 miles

1994 Dodge shadow
By SaraB on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

It has been a great car for me. I have owned it for over a year now and not once has it broken down on me, nor have I had any machanical problems with it. It's a great for a first car. Great on gas I only spend about $20 a month on gas actually.

Solid car- 9 years, no major repairs
By TJ2 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in April 1994 and have had no major repairs. My car has a manual transmission with overdrive and has required no major repairs at 95,000 mi. Odometer and speedometer don't function when outdoor temperatures exceed 90 F, but in Oregon that doesn't happen much. Automatic seatbelt has continued to function well. Driver side mirror has come out of its track periodically since it was new. (fixed 3 times under dealer warranty, fixed at home since then. Our fixes last longer.) Good handling in rain/snow and starts in sub-zero weather.

Fast Car V6 141+ HP
By cenva on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

3.0 L Very fast and low Q! Smooth engine.

Decent Car, short on power
By Pat D. on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

Had problems with the 3 speed auto, had to be rebuilt after 60K miles. Also had a blown head gasket at 40K. Base 2.2 is already underpowered (93hp/2500lbs weight not good) and the car probably did no better than 14 second 0-60s new, although it was rather responsive above 60mph in 3rd when accelerating without kicking down to 2nd. Handling also excellent for a cheap car,very little body roll and excellent grip even from puny P185/70TR14s. Radio sucks, speakers are decent sized (5 1/4 inch in the front, 5X7s in the back) but bass response weak, even with aftermarket head unit. Front seats fairly comfortable, back cramped (expected), and styling very nice.

Owned 2 so far.
By Shaner on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow 4dr Hatchback

I have owned 2 of these (actually 1 Shadow and 1 Duster). My wife's Shadow has been one of the best car's I've owned. It has been a good, reliable car. It has 150,000 miles, the last 20k have been all short trips. It is still running great. Only major repair was the head gasket (which I'm told is normal at 140k), other stuff has been general maintenance (brakes, battery, etc). My '94 Duster had some problems, but I bought that w/ 100k on it. Who knows who had it before??? I think it only goes to show that if you take care of car, it'll last.

Dodge Shadow
By Holly Fries on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow 4dr Hatchback

Overall, my car has been good, no major problems.

My Tank
By kjane on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Shadow brand new in 94. It has been through many road trips 300+ miles, a couple of fender benders, harsh winters (-30)and hot summers (110) and all types of road conditions. It takes a licking and keeps ticking!!

Turd Mobile
By SteveTheBluesman on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow 4dr Hatchback

I own this car via marriage...my wife's car, I maintain it and deal with it's probelms, which have been few. The car does burn oil, creaks like an old man, is slow as molassas running uphill in January, has horrid build quality but at 71000 miles, the car starts every day.

Rock Solid Car
By Herschel Ashgaard on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow 4dr Hatchback

3 Accidents couldnt kill it!!! It's still going strong!!! I've got just over 180K on it and really have only had to replace the clutch plate and of course the O2 sensor, but what the hey when it's such a great car! I'm going to drive it as long as I possibly can! Very low maintanance!