1993 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
never left on side of road
By mamasplat on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car used off of my mother, and she bought it new off the lot. This car as been so reliable, we have used it to go far distances from our home, and it has never left on the side of the road. And we have 150,000 on it, and it is still going strong. The engine makes a few noises (belt I think) and I think it needs a new head gasket. But for it lasting 10 years, and never had a major problem, I like the car, I would definetly by another one if they were still around.

Wish it was mine
By Tomcat on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought a '93 ES 2 door hatchback for my daughter from a dealer friend of mine who took it on trade from the original owner. This was going to be her first car and of course my main way of thinking was to have something reliable for her so I didn't recieve calls about breakdowns. I have known several people that had these and I never heard a complaint. Her car has every option except the sunroof and it all still works perfectly. It runs like a top and I never hear a word from her. I wonder where she's at . . . . . .

um...maybe next time
By Distressed owner on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

hate the car. Can't wait to get rid of it.

good reliable car, and cheap.
By Darkness on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

Bought car for bout 1400 off someone on college campus, so its now a 3rd hand car, has no history problems, and the only thing replaced by the former owner was a set of tires, and brake pad. Car makes some engine noise, but its a reliable car, and i've no problems for the past few months. I intend to keep it for the next few years until i have a real job =)

Wish they still made them
By mrshadow on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 93 shadow new for $9200. I now have 141,000 miles and the only repairs have been a horn, one set of brakes (at 120,000) one set of plugs, 3 sets of tires. DODGE please stop making the piece of crap neon, and make this car again. I wish I could hop in my time machine a buy a few more of these new.

Nice V6 torque
By Revman on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1993 and it cost around $11,500. Tell me where you can get a new car today for that kind of money that has 170 lb. ft. of torque availible as soon as you put your foot on the gas. It handled pretty well also. The hatch back great, even though it doesn't look like a hatch, and the rear seats folded down. The brakes could be a lot better to match the engines performance. When things did go wrong, they were minor and inexpensive. After 8 years of owning it I bought a new car, but I would do it over again if I could.

The Shadow Rules the Road
By DrShadow on 02/26/02 18:18 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

Seriously, how many of these do you see out there on the road. Probably a ton, yeah so the paint jobs on these are pretty worthless but they will outlive your car anyday. So far I have 146000 miles with original clutch(original d/t warranty 7yr/100K miles) and tons of other originals such as hoses and stuff. Nothing at all wrong. Seems to be fairly sound. I intend to drive it until it falls apart in about 100K more miles

great cheap car
By gsxrter1994 on 02/12/02 16:02 PM (PST)

runs great