Used 2010 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Good Economical Family Mover
By Chris

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Dodge Journey as an alternative to my trusted Chrysler Minivan. On the plus side is the low price tag as opposed to the more expensive cross overs. This vehicle fits the bill for loading cargo with the rear seats folded down or people with the 2nd and 3rd row seats erected. The ride is smooth however, the power is lackluster at best. If all seats are used, the vehicle has virtually nonexistent room for any suitcases. This makes it unsuitable for long trips.

Favorite Features

The driver's and front passenger seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality and eye appealing interior features. Add some additional vehicle length to accommodate additional cargo.

Lost power while driving!
By bubofbuffs

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I admit it, we were in love with our Journey. It is comfortable and fun to drive. We have room for the kids and all of their friends. This love affair was crushed today as we were driving down the road and suddenly lost all power (wipers, steering, brakes, lights)we couldn't restart the vehicle while in motion. Luckily we were able to coast off the the side, and could restart after a couple of minutes. We directly drove to the dealer and they seemed to think that I was over- reacting. We are awaiting a repair report. I see that this isn't the first report of this problem on Edmunds (See: Another Lemon by unhappy in NY). There clearly is something wrong. AAAAARRRGH!

Favorite Features

Storage, seating, fun to drive when it has power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliable electrical system. Better MPG

Miss my Pacifica
By Ben

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded "05 Pacifica Ltd. and am having regrets. I forgot how much the 'Mercedes' input meant! I like the Journey but am disappointed in interior. The seats are narrow and stiff. May be too many hidden storage units for a 'kids grown' couple. I purchased black leather and it looks and feels like vinyl. Mileage is better but it will take a while to forget the luxury of the Pacifica.

Favorite Features

radio readout screen is big. fold down seats user friendly. exterior design and appearance great

Suggested Improvements

drink holders encourage spills or having to look-away. radio is in hard for driver to read location..visibility is dangerous; too many blind spots

A value leader
By GIO

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After reading " Motor Trend " positive expert review and "Yahoo" users group on the Dodge Journey it certainly re-enforced my decision to purchase it. Since I have been extremely satisfied with my reliable 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan it was really a no brainer. At only $21,165 sticker price it was the least costly in it`s class. It`s roomier and has more cargo space than others. The 4 cylinder is no powerhouse but it`s certainly adequate. The ride is quiet, and handling is good. Bottom line is if you want something significantly better you are going to have to pay significantly more. There`s just no free lunch.

Favorite Features

Styling and cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Raise the lowered floor pan.

I like it!
By Russell

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I tried the Ford Edge, Chevrolet Equinox, Jeep Compass, and the Ford Escape. The Journey, in our opinion rode better and was a much better buy for the dollar. It has plenty of power with the V6. You have to be careful to avoid spinning the tires. I have owned Dodges before and have found you can't wear them out, you just get tired of looking at them. We have taken it on 2 long trips so far and have really enjoyed driving it. We are getting @19 mpg in town and 26 mpg highway at 75/80 mph.:)

Favorite Features

All the storage and the drink cooler. I like the 6 speed automatic trans.

Suggested Improvements

Put the battery where you can reach it.